Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the barbarians.

Comment

Rome. The Gods (and the Legions) are on your side.

Barbarians are a cool second. *To crush the enemy, drive them before you and hear the lamentations of their women.* One of my all time fav movie quotes.

Salve
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

France! France?

Who could pick France?

Were it not for Rome, those North of the mountains would be living in tents, painting themselves blue and dancing around camp fires.

France! Ptuuuuee!

Salve
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

French all the way baby!

I just can't go by the commercial and industrious traits of the French. Commercial gives me alphabet and puts me 2 techs off Great Library and also keeps corruption down. Industrious is for those workers, especially all the captured workers which I take during wars (they are my main gains).

The UU is probably the most ordinary of all the UU's, but a quick dab in the Editor to give them a defensive bonus rather than offence quickly changes that.

Comment

I like the Iroquois. Their UU is very nice, a retreating early attack unit that actually does some decent damage. While the Aztecs are nice (and deadly), theres something about sending 5 units to their death just to defeat a single enemy that seems cold and heartless to me
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'd say you need work on your Aztec strategy then.

Lot of Roman and French advocates voting.
              Last edited by SlowwHand; January 14, 2002, 12:33.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Babylon is #1 in my book, with Egypt a close second. Religious is my favorite trait, and both industrious and scientific work well w/religious.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I agree with Arrian, religious is the best trait and Babs and Egypts have the best trait mix. But both civs tend to have a GA in the ancient era, where it is completely useless. Twenty quick turns of increased production and some more bucks for a tech (which I can usually buy cheap) and that was it. To avoid this, I must either not build my UU (which would really suck) or avoid wars, which is a disadvantage in the land grab phase and not always possible.

I use to be either the Germans (vote), though I'm not much a war monger, but I can't stand the face of Bismarck as my enemy , or the Babylonians (see above).

Comment

I must join the fans of Babylon (the civ or the series Babylon 5, all the same). I play pacifistically, and so Bab is the Culture Machine.
                    Though the Germans have their points, as do the Japanese who combine the best of the two civs.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Good deal.
                      If/when it becomes MP, I won't have all rushing for Aztecs.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I like the French for two reasons

1. Their characteristics are the best. Low corruption and high production

2. Joan of Arc
                        Le Républicain Catholique

Comment

Aztec all the way, baby! Pound for pound, there simply is no more deadly UU in the game, and it's all too easy to coast to victory when all your nearby opponents are dead and buried (or entirely submissive) in 1000BC, leaving you to fill up the continent at your leisure.

If the next patch tones down the fast unit withdraw abilitly tho, it'd have to go back to the Babs....nothing creates turn advantage like half-price almost everything!

-=Vel=-
                          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

tsk tsk

Sloww, you have turned your back on the boycott. For shame. Please tell me you got a pirated copy.

(and if so, hook a brotha up)
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

eeehhh

well, hmm

I haven't played in a while, and this is a copy off of my exact same thread!! JK, that one is obsolete.

because my answer would be different. While I have played the aztecs more than any other civ, my favourite civ (the last civ I played with a month ago) is the Japanese. The same attributes as the aztecs, but a uu at a later age. This way I avoid ancient age golden ages.

If I ever play again it will be as the japanese.

Comment

eeehhh

well, hmm

I haven't played in a while, and this is a copy off of my exact same thread!! JK, that one is obsolete.

because my answer would be different. While I have played the aztecs more than any other civ, my favourite civ (the last civ I played with a month ago) is the Japanese. The same attributes as the aztecs, but a uu at a later age. This way I avoid ancient age golden ages.

If I ever play again it will be as the japanese.

Comment

Working...
                                X