Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure u have it set so you have to hold down shift or u'll be constantly re-centering.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

can we see a screenshot?
      Castle Wolfenstein or Civilization 3? So little time...

Comment

I have played using this for about 6 hours. It's amusing first, but aftr some little time I felt comfortable.

Re:screenshot. Don't know... might attach it, but it will hardly give the real impression. You probably need at least two of them. OK, I'll see.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

And yes, this is only meant to use if you can't show 1024x768 (laptop users, too).

You must use this for diplomacy and to see instant advice on F# screens. Otherwise, you can live without this. Under 800x600, some Civilopedia text is out of screen, so scoll under Pedia too.

When you feel strange at first, don't give up. It will be all right soon.

And, I am posting this here with the permission of Firaxis.

Comment

OK, I've made the screenshots for this.

I'll make them in two posts.

The first one is a diplomatic dealing under 800x600, having called out a rival and not having scrolled the desktop, it looks about that. The demand has been made, but can't be actually demanded.

The second screenshot is after I scrolled it down and left a bit.

That's how it looks with this utility.

I've also resampled the screenshots so that they fit in the forums better. Taken they were under 800x600, of course.
            Attached Files

Comment

And this is the second one.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Solver. I can run fine at home with a monitor hooked up, but this will let me play when traveling.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Knevil
                  I love you.
                  Ditto!
                  "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                  Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                  Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                  Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Zealot, you were one of those who supported me before Civ 3 got released, I remember.

Oh, and why do you all travel so much? Playing in the train, seems fun to me. Heh .

Comment

Seeing that there has been over about 20 new downloads in the recent times (I did some links to here), maybe it IS time for Ming to move this to the Files forum.

Comment

Solver,

I'm new at Apolyton, just for about two days, and YESS !! my monitor only support 800X600, but I have played the game for about 4 months with that condition, i'm always use shortcuts for units, and if using diplomatic, i push my monitor to 1024X768, it looks pretty weird (because u see 3 images, everything become 3), but it still visible.
                        But now, thanx to you, I think i'm gonna let that whole misery left behind, though i haven't use it, I just have download it, and i just can't help myself to say something to you.
                        I'll try it, let you know later.

I LOVE YOU

Comment

Bigo,

I'm very pleased to see this will help you. Yes, when you push monitor to an unsupported resolution, it looks terrible. Generally, such diplomacy sessions are so boring, they make everything else seem good.

Please tell what's the model of your monitor, I'm curios.

Comment

Solver,

This is one flaky piece of software. I've used it 5 or 6 times, and it always locks up my computer if I leave it on long enough (Windows 98). I also have to keep increasing the virtual screen size because the game screen keeps sliding into the corner of the virtual display and some parts become impossible to view.

I know I have no right to complain about free software, and I do appreciate your efforts in finding this utility. Is there any documentation for the scroll utility (in English)? Or did you find any other programs that can do the same thing and might be more stable on my system? I get nervous about running a program of unknown origin that is doing strange stuff to my computer.

Comment

Dave - the program is of known origin, it's mostly my work. It's based on an old 16-but utility, that refused to work, so I redid it... I've been using it for many dozen hours, on Windows 98, too, and it hasn't locked me up a single time.

Odd... works like a charm for me, whenever I drag, there it moves.

Comment

SOLVER
                                Any reason why it won't let me download ?

I know the file was posted on 23-12-2001..anywhere else i can get it ?

Also i have 800 x 600 and does it work on the latest patch (1.21f) ?

Comment

Working...
                                X