This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GodSpawn
    Ah, but what about laptops? They can have a big disk, a fast processor and lots of memory, but only have an 800x600 display.
    my laptop can barely handle Civ3 processor wise (you have to play on tiny maps)

but the screen is big enough

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Freestyler,

No idea why you can't download. Do you have JavaScript enabled in your browser? You got to click on the link, and wait about 5 seconds, then the window should pop up. I can download it.

Yes, it does work on 1.21f patch. It also works on most Windows OS - it did on 98, 2000 and XP for me, and even should do it on NT, as far as I'm aware.

Unless Firaxis removes an inconsistency in their code, it will also work for PtW. In any case, Firaxian Jeff Morris knows about this, so hopefully they don't remove it.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Nope, still can't get it to download

I have JavaScript enabled...and can download other 'attachments' from other threads

Dam thing, must just be my browser, i'l r/try later

Comment

Probably it is your browser. This file has no difference whatsoever from the other files here.

Try this link (direct download): http://apolyton.net/forums/attachmen...&postid=681686

Comment

Cheers SOLVER, that direct link worked

Comment

Nice!

Comment

hi Solver,

i have tried your scroll.exe. I like it, for the first time, but then later, it's making me so bothered, because i spent most of the time, for adjusting the setting of the software than to play the game.
                The problem is, i want to hide my desktop wallpaper, so i will see is only the civ3 screen, so i try to adjust the size to 1.28 vertically and horizontally, cause 800 x 1.28 is 1024. So here comes the trouble. The screen of civ 3 sometimes (or often) missing. I mean some corner is missing, and another is showed, and so my desktop. I try to solve the problem by changing the number of dots in the pitch frame of the software preference. But i don't know exactly what the exact number for me to enter so i can see all the 1024x768 civ3 screen. Could you tell me, what this numbers mean ? I'm using 1.21f patch under win98 SE.
                Oh yeah, you asked me what my computer is, well, i think the brand is dataview, i don't know is it a brand or something else.
                Another thing that i don't really comfort is, that you have to move your mouse to the edge, so it can scroll. Can you make scroll bars for it, so when you want to see the bottom area, you just click the bottom arrow.

I still Love You

Comment

The problem is, i want to hide my desktop wallpaper, so i will see is only the civ3 screen, so i try to adjust the size to 1.28 vertically and horizontally, cause 800 x 1.28 is 1024. So here comes the trouble. The screen of civ 3 sometimes (or often) missing. I mean some corner is missing, and another is showed, and so my desktop. I try to solve the problem by changing the number of dots in the pitch frame of the software preference. But i don't know exactly what the exact number for me to enter so i can see all the 1024x768 civ3 screen. Could you tell me, what this numbers mean
                  The same problem

I change the properties but all the time i end up with cutting too much of the, say left-hand side, and getting my lots of my desktop on the opposite side.

Comment

It works very smoothly with 2.5 in both directions. It is inconvenient to use the program, there was no doubt it will be so, but unless you scroll away too much, you should not be getting your desktop.

Something that helps is setting the program to only scroll when Ctrl or Shift key is pressed - it will prevent scroll.exe from acting w/o your intention.

I don't think scroll bars are possible, since it's Civ 3 thing that has the focus, and it wants the focus all the time, and takes all the screen, with all of it's Active X mode. Clicking on a scrollbar, even if there was one, would take the focus away from Civ 3. And I've found it that too much focus shifting can destabilize the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      It works very smoothly with 2.5 in both directions. It is inconvenient to use the program, there was no doubt it will be so, but unless you scroll away too much, you should not be getting your desktop.
                      Is this number for the pitch or for the range ??

Comment

Increased 2.5 times each direction, but it might well be just me - but I rarely get desktop sightings and such.

Comment

Thank you for your Solver.

Comment

It works for me !

I had those problems, cause I didn't check the option that only scroll when press the shift or ctrl key.

Now my newest problem is CPT, I have something to ask in Gramphos's forum.

Thanx a lot, They don't call you Solver for nothing, right ?

Comment

Nice to hear... I actually got quite some users now. I also directed a few from 2 other sites.

Uhh, if they were the ones to call me Solver, it would be plain great .

Comment

Hello
                                i cant download scroll.zip
                                i have a poor monitor and i cant play with civ3
                                i need your help

Comment

Working...
                                X