Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desires For Future Civ3 Patches (A thread saving thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoping firaxis sees this....

move stacks
    move stacks
    move stacks
    move stacks
    move stacks
    move stacks
    move stacks
    move stacks
    move stacks
    move stacks
    move stacks
    move stacks
    move stacks
    move stacks

Like in CTP 2

Ridiculous that this wasn't included.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray K
      2. For scenarios, I can't believe you guys are leaving this out! We need the ability to specify improvements/wonders that can only be built by specific civs, just like we can for units.
      This of course can be done via techs. But then one has to diable diplomacy (CivII-wise, in the events.txt) so that they key Civ-specific techs arent traded willy nilly. It would however be quite nice if we could do this in the CivIII editor and leave diplomacy alone. Seeing as diplomacy has the prospect of being a nice addtion, the ability should be left in.

-FMK.

Comment

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh

This of course can be done via techs. But then one has to diable diplomacy (CivII-wise, in the events.txt) so that they key Civ-specific techs arent traded willy nilly. It would however be quite nice if we could do this in the CivIII editor and leave diplomacy alone. Seeing as diplomacy has the prospect of being a nice addtion, the ability should be left in.

-FMK.
        Actually, it can't be done with techs.

Only one tech can be used as a prereq for an improvement, so it would be impossible to create, say, an 'Eiffel Tower' wonder that the French can build when they get Steel. The prerequesite would have to be either Steel or the 'French' tech. It couldn't be both.

"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

Comment

Actually, it can...

One would just need events scripting to do so. Let me exemplify:

France aquires 'Steel'.

@IF
          RECEIVEDTECHNOLOGY
          technology=XX (whatever 'Steel' is)
          receiver=France
          @Then
          GIVETECHNOLOGY
          reciever=France
          technology= YY (special tech that allows for Eiffel Tower only)
          @JUSTONCE
          @ENDIF
          You then make the 'YY' an unresearchable tech for any of the civs.

Maybe add in a little text message to spice things up...

@IF
          RECIEVEDTECHNOLOGY
          technology=YY
          @THEN
          TEXT
          ^France culture decides they'll make a Tour d'Eiffel... (or somesuch)
          @ENDTEXT
          JUSTONCE
          @ENDIF

These are workarounds needed for designing with CivII, but you would hope that we could bypass all this with the editor functions. I hope so too.

-FMK.

Comment

IF NOT MENTIONED EARLIER

Give an option in the editor to ENABLE ZOC AS IT WAS IN CIV 2 for fortresses, and coastal fortresses especially (perhaps a combination of and artillery hit and inability to move in the adjectant square too). that would make building fortresses meaningful again.

plus i would like an option in the editor for airplanes to behave as they did in civ 2 as well, but that has been mentioned already i think.
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I'd like to see:

The ability to move stacks of units.

The ability to rush build an improvement/unit DIRECTLY from the domestic advisor screen-- currently you can only change orders.

The option to turn off the option of being notified when a unit is built but turn ON the option of being notified when an improvement is finished.

Comment

I don't agree with number 4, in fact I think obsolete units should be available even if theres a better unit using iron or something, because cheaper units are often useful for defending small points.

Many Massed units can sometimes make good cannonfodder in battles to defend your borders or soften up enemy cities for capture.

As long as the AI dosen't get confused and only build the cheapest unit this should be ok.

In fact the cheap units should get cheaper as their use is commonplace and materials and technologies cheaper.

Comment

I alredy posted this in onother thread, but I guess it sould go here.
                  It has to do with units obsolence:

-----------------
                  One question for FIRAXIS team
                  (SOREN or DAN please read & comment this)

It is regarding obsolete units. I think there are some design problems.
                  Since unit obsolence is tied to to trier upgradeability, some strange things happend in game.

For exampe Swordsmen & Longbowmen never dissaper, because they are not upgadeable, and thus not OBSOLETE.
                  Same thing happens to those Friagtes & Ironclads.

While Swordmen solution can be done by making them upgadeable to Riflemen (I hope in next patch), upgarding Frigate seems little unrealistic.

So if you can make unit obsolence not depended from upgadebility, then from ability to build new unit (for ex: I can build destroyers so my Ironclads are obsolete, but I can't upgarde tyhose Ironclads).

Also some similar problems happen when you have some special units.
                  Like:
                  -you can build Fighters with Americans, althought you can also build F-15
                  -you can build Pikemen with French, althought you can also build Mutketeers
                  -you can't upgrade Pikemen to Riflemen, nor to Musketemen (if not in Musketeers)

If Kinght does not have ZOC & Horsemen has, I think someone would like to build Horsemen and make ZOC, although he discovered Chivarly.
                  But, its not alowed, because of this upgardeability system, to keep building Horsemen.
                  -----------------

Some other things:
                  I think that Musketmen are much cost uneffective compared to Pikemen.
                  I mean for price of 2 Pikemen you build one Musketmen.
                  I think this can be solved by:
                  -decreasing cost of musketmen (or maybe also a rilfemen?)
                  -or by giving it an attack of 3

Tanks & Mech. Inf are not Wheeled. This is supposed to be BUG or not.
                  Having them wheeled would make them more strategicily interesting.

One a little not importand thing.
                  Can you make Riflemen Saltpeter dependent.
                  And after you dicover Industalisation them make them (and Cavalry also) non dependent.

I ask this because some starge things are happening in modern time:
                  Enemy in modern time has only a Horse resouce:
                  So he can only build Riflemen (Swor. & Long. also) and Kinght. A little starge combination. SO making Saltpeter Indusrialistion needed, this strage thing could be removed from game.

I could call this resource obsolence.

P.S.
                  Also, is is possibile to do Hotseat MP in patch (second or third)?
                  You did it in SMAC. Activision did it in CTP.

Comment

Could somebody PLEASE give me the definition for the acronym MPP?

Well, I gave a new look to the Reference Post, but it only has a few minor updates from the last time I updated the Reference Post. I will be sure to update the Reference Post sometime this weekend, because right now I'm tired of doing it, and I want to do something fun instead.
                    Last edited by TechWins; December 7, 2001, 20:42.
                    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Well, I've got one wish, one more treaty: Border Treaty. After you sign this treaty with another civ, then nothing that civ does outside of conquest or revolution moves your cultural borders back, and nothing your civ does outside of conquest or revolution moves that civ's borders back. That might get rid of those annoying instances when the 'puter sees one free square of coastline at your continent and plops it's settler right down there.

Also, after border treaty has been signed, moving any combat unit - or a settler - at another civ's territory gives that civ right to declare instant war with the other civ being seen as the aggressor. This doesn't, of course, count for Right of Passage agreements, although it would be nice to prevent ROP agreements concerning settlers. No, Mister Lincoln, I most certainly do *not* wish to see you hitching your settlers across my land to build a city on opposite side of my empire, in position that isn't connectable with rest of your empire, just to prevent me from getting those luxuries I've planned on snagging for 5 turns.
                      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

A "Bombard Can Kill" flag in the units tab. Either on or off for each unit. Currently, only the Cruise Missile's bombard can kill. Let us choose to be able to have aircraft (or maybe not all aircraft, but only a few specific aircraft) sink ships/destroy land units.

-Sev

Comment

Armies & AI upgrading

Two things:

Armies should be dissolvable / units unloadable (just enable the unload command). I sometimes might want to upgrade those 4 tanks I put into that army. It's even worse earlier in the game, e.g. with horsemen.

The AI hardly ever upgrades units. They frequently still have spearmen sitting next to mech infantry and that even though they built the workshop! I mean, what's the point of that wonder if it's not used? Plus, in the later game strategic resources often only become available for a while. When I conquer a saltpeter resource while knowing that I'll probably lose the city in another three turns I upgrade all my units immediately... Shouldn't be too hard for AI to understand. They tend to have too much cash on hand anyway.

Comment

Idea to solve losing units in converted cities

I don't think you can ask for such a long list of improvements and hope to see them actually happen in a patch.

Rather than presenting a long, intimidating, never-going-to-happen list, I think it would be better to decide on a very small number of very important things.

With AS fixed, there are only two things I really want, so these two are my nominations for the "short list" of fixes:

1. Stack Movement that is well implemented, not poorly done.

2. Losing units to culturally converting cities, specifically large armies to recently conquered cities.

My solution for # 2 is this: there is already a capability to move units out ...

Use the routine that kicks out units that are in another civ's territory, and are agreeing through diplomacy to peacefully be removed! Just use that routine to move units in the converting city out, instead of them just being vaporized.

I really like this idea because I think it could actually be doable from a programming perspective, and it would fix the problem. Sorry for the color, but I think its a good idea so I wanted to get some attention to it.

Thanks for reading.
                            Good = Love, Love = Good
                            Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

I think the game is perfect. Would however really like to see a diplomacy screen for ALL 16 civs.

Comment

* Remove the memory leaks that are still present in the game.

* Include a diplomacy screen that can handle all 16 civs.

* Make the civilopedia accessible from the city screen, particularly when choosing troops or improvements to build.

* Fix the sound glitches.

* Allow troops to be moved in a stack.

* Make borders over forest, jungle and irrigation easier to see.

* Make it possible to upgrade some unique units (like war elephant)
                                None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Working...
                                X