Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone ever actually promise anything?
    Yes. Do the research if you are curious.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• Re: The patch will need patching methinks

Originally posted by Elowan
      However:

Why did they include the ability to replant forests if you can only benefit once per game?

Why did they further cripple Great Lighthouse? In CivII, only the human player seemed to need this anyway since AI ships were able - by some magical means - to sail the ocean blue even in Long Ships. This seems to have carried over into CivIII and now the patch will make that situation worse.

Why didn't they fix resource depletion? Let me elaborate: say you research Iron Working. Naturally, you build a road to the source even though you cannot yet build Swordsman. The iron will deplete before you can use it! Iron can't evaporate! Where'd it go and why?

Even if you don't trade maps with the AI - it seems to know where vacant territory within your realm lies.

If I can't plant a city within the cultural border of a rival Civ - how come the AI can?
      By the paragraph:
      1. I'll bet it's so you can have a forest square for your city to work (i.e, not a grassland or plains)! Or you can plant forests on a square that wasn't forest, and THEN cut it (oops, that would defeat the whole patch item because you could just rotate the squares it is done on - just never mind). Or, to sabotage a square that someone else may be soon using (after their city radius grows).

2. I haven't seen evidence of AI galleys over the ocean. OTH, my current game is dependent on the Lighthouse - I am currently settling a new continent around 1000 AD (and praying for a leader to build my alternate capital (FP)).

3. Hey, it's just a chance thing, ya know? Maybe your civ only THOUGHT it was there (if it disappeared before you used it, it must have been a false alarm). That the breaks, man. I've been there.

4. It's been discussed before how the AI knows your map. I know how that I get map updates long after I trade maps. If the AI knows your map all the time, then it's to your advantage to get whatever you can for your map, in addition to the continued communications with the civ. The AI's plopping a city in your (high culture) border gap is one of the items addressed in the patch listing (and clarified in this thread).

5. If the AI is plopping a city WITHIN your border, your reaction is YOUR responsibility! If this is happening to you, then they are in contempt of your military and is a result of YOUR neglect. LEARN from this lesson!

Comment

• Thank you for the patch.

Comment

• What about the fortress ZOC?

Yeah, will you guys fix it?
          Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
          Asesino_Virtual

Comment

• Originally posted by yin26
            Yes. Do the research if you are curious.
            Do the research? I.e. dig through piles and piles of ancient apolyton forum threads without direction? No thanks; and that's not exactly research. For a claim to have validity, it needs to be cited, right? I'm sure you've written papers before yin. But whatever, this really isn't nearly as important to me as it is to you, obviously. You could humor me by mentioning the things that were promised to you that weren't delivered, though.
            kmj

Comment

• "1) Setting start locations via the editor still not possible?"

Isn't that done with the overlay button?

Comment

• O.K. Don't do the 'research': Find it out yourself. I'm tired of reminding people of what was said by Firaxis when. Most people here have sudden memory loss the moment a shiny box or a post from Firaxis arrives.

If you are really curious, you'll find it yourself.
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

• A nice start, but...

1. Still no way to set starting positions? You've got to be kidding!

2. Nothing that speeds up the game between turns. What happened to the idea of stopping the AI from needlessly moving around its units?
                  Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

I was figuring the game should be released in April. Looks like the game will be polished beta quality at about that time. However, there will still be no MP, so I guess the XP will come out mid to late 2002, and that will take another patch or two before the Gold Edition comes out...hmmm.

So am I guessing I can buy the game you promised sometime in 2003? Just trying to plan my schedule. Thanks.
                    Yin, you've disappointed me with your recent posts. They are of extremely low quality humourwise and obviously have not had any sort of testing or quality control.

In fact, it appears you've rushed out your post without any care in the world for your millions of fans - I suppose I'll have to wait for your postings in 2003 before I see another quality post from you. In the meantime, feel free to continue to post patches every once in a while in a sad and feeble attempt to gain my approval.

Thanks.

Comment

• That was a good try as far as trolling goes, but it's still minor league stuff. I have my scouts watching you, though.

Comment

• Actually the burden of proof is on yourself. It's your claim, support it. If you won't or can't then don't be suprised when people don't conceed your points.

Or can I claim the sky is forest green and demand everyone accept this as fact without offering any evidence. Besides, there are those of us who are new to the forum such as myself, why don't you humor me and let these promises be known.
                        "Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip." - Said by me

Comment

O.K. Don't do the 'research': Find it out yourself. I'm tired of reminding people of what was said by Firaxis when. Most people here have sudden memory loss the moment a shiny box or a post from Firaxis arrives.

If you are really curious, you'll find it yourself.
                          Actually, I am curious. I will do the research since you are too lazy to cite proofs for your arguments. Another bad post. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I will definately return your post to my local software store.

Comment

• HUGE BUG not fixed?!

Omg, one of the largest bugs I've found in the game so far is not listed in the readme as having been fixed. If you get a tech from a goodie hut which should uncover a new type of resource, in v1.07f it does NOT do so. You are left forever not seeing horses or iron or whatever that tech should have shown you. Needless to say, this pretty well kills that game for you if you forget that this bug exists and don't reload an autosave before it scrolls off the list.

I went through the annoying registration process on this site JUST to post this. I severely hope that this was an oversight on the part of the readme.txt typist and not an oversight of the patch itself. PLEEEEEASE tell me this patch fixes this problem which has killed two of my games already!

Comment

• Everyone who is complaining about the lack of scenorios/good editor/starting locations/multiplayer and such should really be reading the posts/comments from Firaxis more closely. They've implied, on many occarions, that all these features exist, and are slated for an upcoming patch, but that they are being forced, presumably by infogames, to not release any details. They've never said such as verbosely as this, but read between the freakin lines...

I assume that infogames wants to force us to buy an expansion pack inorder to get these features. In my opinion this is a cheap way of selling the game. I certainly agree that I *expected* these features would come with the original game and I'm dissapointed that they aren't.

On the other hand, a number of people just seem to be whining.
                              If they actually cared about these features they'd have picked up the numerous hints dropped by the Firaxis team. Just settle down and enjoy the basic single player game for a while. When (not if) the multiplayer and scenarios come out, we'll all get to rediscover the game. The basic engine is very powerful and if the real scenario editor is as powerful as I'd expect from Firaxis, the scenarios we'll be creating will be great.

All in all, I really like the game and I'm hopelessly addicted. I'm sad that Infogames cheaped out and gave us the lame editor they did, and I hope they learn their lesson from the hundreds of whiners out there claiming that they're going to stop playing the game. On the other hand, I'll be first in line when the expansion comes out....

Ze Ace

Comment

That was a good try as far as trolling goes, but it's still minor league stuff. I have my scouts watching you, though.
                                Ouch, he called me a troll!

I'm no troll, yin26. I do not post for the sake of being negative, believe it or not, however I do enjoy pointing out weak arguments and unsubstantiated claims...

I've been posting in various enviornments since my POPnet days, tell the truth. I am currently a minor poster on the [H]ard|Forum, which is major-league intensity compared to the stuff here.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, this is a Civ3 discussion forum after all. But I'm still chuckling about the minor league comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X