Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it looks like the people at firaxis really listen to our complains in this forums.
    Thanks, Jeff.

Comment

Hurin 1. Several times, a naval unit set to automatically move attacks another culture's unit that I'm at peace with (or perhaps even allied?). I've seen this three or four times. You are immediately at war with the offended civ. There is no prompt. . . it just attacks.
      That sounds like the submarine bug. Were the friendly units your ships attacked subs? If so it's been fixed.

Comment

*Still* can't set start locations in the editor? *Still* can't copy a map or rules set and past them into another map?

I mean it's great that a patch is coming... but come on, it'll be six weeks from release by the time we get this *FIRST* patch, and about a third of it are just fixes of links and typos in the Civilopedia.

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

Re: Civilization III v1.16f Additions/Changes/Fixes

Some of the fixes are listed twice but with different wording, for example the huge amount of money extorsion bug and the scrollbar on advisor screen bug.

A nice list, but I miss the fixes for the fortress (both land and naval)...

Comment

Re: Civilization III v1.16f Additions/Changes/Fixes

Good to see all of the fixes --- I can finally fix Herioc Epic!

However, the two biggies remain unfixed:

1) stack movement
            2) starting locations for civs

Also, civ-specific improvements would be very nice to allow (just like unique units work)
            "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

Comment

Thanks!!

Thanks for the fast update, Jeff!!

Portugal
              Nation of: Magellan's (from Magellan's Expedition);
              Vasco da Gama (Discoverer of the Maritime path to India);
              and Pedro Álvares Cabral (Discoverer of Brazil in 1500)
              "Every day Mankind fights a battle against Nature, forgetting if winning, Mankind will be among the defeated!"

Comment

Patch my ass. Your saying only 1 out of the 5 biggest problems have been fixed, you've got to be kidding me

Remains
                1) Setting start locations via the editor still not possible?

Remains
                2) How was corruption tweaked? # of cities, distance from capitol, both?

Remains
                3) Anything done about AI unit shuffle?

Remains
                4)Fortress fix

Fixed
                5) Air superiotiy
                Last edited by sianews; December 5, 2001, 13:06.

Comment

Urg, no sentry command there...but the build queues have been fixed, that's cool. I DO miss the sentry command, though, I gotta admit.

DeanCo--

Comment

512 total limit on number of cities

If your playing with 16 civs, that is an avarage of 32 cities per civ. But that doesn't mean that each civ will stop at that point, they will keep expanding until the limit is reached. If you expand too slowly during the begining game, you'll be left out of the chance to grow, that is without combat. Another case for REX/ISC.
                    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                    Worship the Comic here!
                    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by sianews
                      Patch my ass. Your saying only 1 out of the 5 biggest problems have been fixed, you've got to be kidding me

5) Air superiotiy
                      quote from the readme:
                      * Air superiority missions work as intended

For the rest, indeed, there do appear to be some fixes missing...

As for setting start locations, that can be done with civ3breed - although it's somewhat more of a pain that setting it directly from the editor.

Comment

Wish costal bombardment had been fixed. Does this mean they are still worthless? Other than that, looks great. It will help a lot! I will be interested to see the magnitude of the corruption fix.

X

Comment

comments

Many thanks for the info.

It seems that these changes are primarily addressing five areas (examples given are not exhaustive):

1. Cosmetics (grammar and civilopedia)

2. Game balance (decrease in corruption, decrease in AI cultural effect, increase in turns required for techs)

3. 'Real' bugs (Air superiority, ocean movement with lighthouse, governors)

4. More user preferences for game control (always build last unit, popup for civil disorder)

5. More choices in the editor (barbarian combat bonus, tech difficulty)

This patch therefore removes the vast majority of the niggling problems with Civ3 and will make it much easier to play... And this is obviously good, well done to Firaxis for addressing these issues.

HOWEVER, there are some outstanding issues, particularly with regard to scenarios which I'd like to know if there is even an intention of addressing in the future...

1. Event scheduler

2. Start location choice

3. Combat - do Firaxis have any intention of adjusting the default combat rules/parameters any more?

4. Scripting language: can Firaxis confirm this will NOT be developed?

5. Multiplayer

But overall, IMHO, the changes in v1.16f will definitely improve the experience of SP standard Civ3...

Cheers!

V

Comment

Thanks for the update!

btw, will these be fixed in the next patch?

1) stack unit movement
                            2) sound effect for ships (they are way too loud!!)

Comment

Nice ....

Nice list, will be a great patch ...

Any idea on when\if we'll be able to cut down jungles for shields, especially now that forests only give a bonus once per game (boo) and in all three games I've played so far, there's always a MASSIVE jungle nearby ... ?

-BeoWulfe

Comment

Sure there's some stuff missing, but, hey, it's the first patch. They can't do everything in one release. Things like assigning starting positions is probably a pretty major coding change, so I wouldn't expect that to be in here.

* Shield bonus from clearing forest can only be received once per game
                                Looks like IFE is dead.

My biggest gripe was the figher superiority/precision problems, glad those are being addressed.

e

Comment

Working...
                                X