No announcement yet.

Patch Update v1.16f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff, has the nVidia refresh bug been addressed yet?

Thanks in advance.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

hmmm

So, the readme.txt hopefully out on Wednesday... Wednesday in which country?
      The United States, English only...

Translators will be sued...

Comment

That's just fine by me

Comment

Impatience

Well it is Wednesday now the cricket was a draw and I still don't see any readme.txt lousy US timezones can't keep up with the rest of the world
          "What do you get if you multiply six by nine?....forty-two?!?!" Arthur Dent

Comment

Yeah, I guess we're more like the second mouse than the early bird.

The early bird catches the worm. But the second mouse gets the cheese.
            "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Get over yourself.
              LOL! Just like I said, you and your friends don't need a patch! FIRAXIS: DO NOT WASTE TIME AND MONEY PATCHING CIV3!
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Better put a smiley somewhere near that yin, or else some people might think that "don't fix what's broke" is your opinion.

Any news on scenario making fixes?
                *grumbles about work*

Comment

(Shadowstrike: Shhhh, I'm up to no good. Don't spoil it! )

Honestly, I would think that the QA director at a developer as famous as Firaxis must certainly know what he is talking about when he said the Civ community needs bugs in order to survive. That's why I think you guys barking for a patch should just sit down, be quiet, and enjoy the purposely buggy Civ3.
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                    the Civ community needs bugs in order to survive.
                    yum yum, bugs are tasty, bugs are crunchy....

bug stir fry

500 grams assorted bugs, diced
                    1 pack hokkien noodles
                    6 tablespoons oriental sauces to taste
                    assorted stir fry vegetables
                    1 tablespoon sesame oil

Heat oil in wok, and saute bugs. Add vegetables and sauce. Add noodles last. Serves 3-4.
                    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Hey Yin do you have absolutely no desire to see if the patch will help things?

I'm askin' honestly and curiously, 'cause I agree with many of your points, though I think once the editor is really up and pumpin' the game will get much better.

Do you not agree???
                      "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

I personally agree with you. Totally. I'm just taking Jeff's side in all this and trusting his theory that once the bugs are fixed, this website will be abandoned because we'll have nothing to talk about.

Right, Jeff?

Comment

Well, if the patch lets you do even more modding or even scenarios, I don't see why the civ community won't continue to flourish

Comment

Yin's just mad 'cause Firaxis didn't use his LIST as a template for Civ3.

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus
                              Ah.. I see why.. But I believe his stuff on Koreans are pretty convincing. I didn't know Koreans were so interesting

Well, one of these days, we could always modify the game beyond specs following what we one. Honestly, at one time I thought there wasn't going to be a Civ III, and I thought it would be a really great idea to make a Civ clone with true separate races (rather than just civ with different coloured units and leaders).. but Firaxis did and put in cultures as the races.. oh well, I guess I'll truly have to master programming first before I could do something even like Civ III

Comment

LOL! Whatever. If you don't 'get it' yet, you never will.

mfauzi: Hey, thanks. It's nice you took the time to read it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X