Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump (sorry)

Comment

Yeah many game concepts are unquantified in the game. War weariness for example is in a mist of mystery until it hits ya. Some things can just be found out (like the sudden increased value of certain luxuries after cities grow), but it wouldn't harm to have them documented somewhere for reference.

Or the likelihood of city reversal. Or the chances of your boat sinking in rough waters etc etc.

Comment

Anyone else disappointed with the UN?

You click that button and bang, you either win or lose right there a lot of the times. A few suggestions:

o Default choice for election should be "No". To easy to hit OK by accident and enter into a losing vote which loses the game and you have to restart from an earlier save.

o Foreign advisor should give you some stats on what he thinks the vote will be before asking you if you want to go ahead and have the election.

o How about changing the victory conditions, so that a Civ has to be elected and "stay in office" for a period of time before actually getting credited with the victory? Just an idea. Don't know if it makes 100% sense.

I have no idea how they will make dip victory work in a MP game. Why would anyone vote for anyone but themself?

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
          i think we should ignore whining going on here and concentrate at making some useful suggestions
          I get it! There are 3 categories of comments: a) praise, b) LaRusso's critiques and c) whining. Thanks for clearing that up!

Comment

Originally posted by n.c.
            I get it! There are 3 categories of comments: a) praise, b) LaRusso's critiques and c) whining. Thanks for clearing that up!
            d) immature personal attacks

Zap

Comment

Re: Excellent point !

Originally posted by MisterMuppet

Just imagine 1900 London crawling with old temples, churches and cathedrals and not a working toilet in sight. I would admire French sanitation and be off like a Plague rat down a victorian drainpipe.
              Paris here I come, Nice plumbing.
              I just want to say, NICE SIMILE!!!
              There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I have erased this line.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterk
                Anyone else disappointed with the UN?
                I have no idea how they will make dip victory work in a MP game. Why would anyone vote for anyone but themself?
                Not everyone can become the UN Secretary-General. Of all the games I've played, it's only the top two civs who can be elected.

Comment

Originally posted by zapperio
                  d) immature personal attacks
                  Responding in kind. (When you don't know the context it's hard to jump in.)

Comment

No, I've been watching you nc and I just jumped at the opportunity to make a point.
                    I've got my eye on you, beware.

Zap

Comment

At least you could see in Civ2 the effect of "war weariness" with the unhappy people caused by your military units being out of the city
                      You still can, to a certain extent. Left-click on your unhappy people and a box pops up with the reason for the unhappiness - "It's just too crowded" and "Stop your aggression against the motherland" seem to be the favourites...

Comment

Well, your point that you will only rebuke those who respond to personal attacks is lost on me.

Comment

Originally posted by BigNick

You still can, to a certain extent. Left-click on your unhappy people and a box pops up with the reason for the unhappiness - "It's just too crowded" and "Stop your aggression against the motherland" seem to be the favourites...
                          Yeah, but who has the time to go through every city and check each unhappy citizen's reason for their unhapiness.

but there are some good points in this thread:
                          there should DEFINATELY be a way to check your rep. (even civ2 had this, c'mon firaxis!), and war weariness is a big problem when you cant tell, all of a sudden my empire falls into anarchy and i have to start a new game - such bs.

Comment

there should DEFINATELY be a way to check your rep. (even civ2 had this, c'mon firaxis!), and war weariness is a big problem when you cant tell, all of a sudden my empire falls into anarchy and i have to start a new game
                            Actually, the thing I really hate is how easy it is for your cities to fall into Civil Disorder and for you not to notice.

I liked the way it used to stop the game to tell you:
                            - When your cities were in Civil Disorder
                            - When you'd completed a military unit
                            - When pollution happened
                            - etc.

I mean, at least you knew about it... Sheesh.

Comment

Aren't the smoking cities dead giveaways???

Comment

Originally posted by BigNick

Actually, the thing I really hate is how easy it is for your cities to fall into Civil Disorder and for you not to notice.

I liked the way it used to stop the game to tell you:
                                - When your cities were in Civil Disorder
                                - When you'd completed a military unit
                                - When pollution happened
                                - etc.
                                Yeah, hopefully the patch will give you an option to zoom to city when there is a civil disorder.

Comment

Working...
                                X