goodie huts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goodie huts

Did I miss a screen shot along the way, or have we not yet seen a hut an a map?

I've not seen one yet, but there has been positive confirmation from Firaxis somewhere that they are in the game. (I can't remember where I read that, though...)

Comment

Have they been replaced with barbarian encampments (which we also have yet to see)?

Comment

expansionist civs get better things from goodie huts- so they must be in
        xxx

Comment

it is actually "[color={qcolor}]Better stuff from barbarian villages [/Color]" for expansionists. But nobody have said that the huts are out.
          Anyway I believe they are, and this pic should then be a barbarian village.
          Attached Files
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

thanks gramphos, i knew the huts would be in, but i was just looking for the new image, which i assume wil look similar to your barbarian village...just without the barbarian.

Comment

Originally posted by iannac
              thanks gramphos, i knew the huts would be in, but i was just looking for the new image, which i assume wil look similar to your barbarian village...just without the barbarian.
              Gramphos' pic is from a screenshot, I believe, from Civ III. So I don't think they would be his villages. I like this method, because now barbarians don't randomly appear. Kill all the encampments, kill all the barbarians.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Kill all the encampments, kill all the barbarians.
                Actually I'm thinking about maybe leaving at least some of them around so I can have something to fight without having to go to war with other civs. Bascially use them as "training" for my units to get them up to elite status and maybe get a great leader or two out of it.

Comment

So....you suppose Goodie Huts in the modern Era look like Trailer parks?
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassin

Gramphos' pic is from a screenshot, I believe, from Civ III. So I don't think they would be his villages. I like this method, because now barbarians don't randomly appear. Kill all the encampments, kill all the barbarians.
                    Actually, encampments will re-appear when destroyed but I'm betting this depends on the level that your Barbarians are set at.

We now have to fight for out goodies... that's awesome! (Old news but still good news, I know)
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                      We now have to fight for out goodies... that's awesome! (Old news but still good news, I know)
                      So I guess that sending a settler out to uncover a goodie/barbarian hut would now be rather foolish...
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich

So I guess that sending a settler out to uncover a goodie/barbarian hut would now be rather foolish...
                        Noo, no, because we've got a wonderful new editor! I can make Super Ninja Settlers with an attack of 48! And I can make Atomic Settlers with an attack of 99!
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The updated FAQ confirms that Goodie Huts indeed are replaced with barbarian villages.
                          http://www.civ3.com/faq6.cfm
                          Conscript units can be received when exploring barbarian villages ("Goody huts")
                          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                            The updated FAQ confirms that Goodie Huts indeed are replaced with barbarian villages.
                            http://www.civ3.com/faq6.cfm
                            Conscript units can be received when exploring barbarian villages ("Goody huts")
                            Actually, there are two kinds of "barbarian villages" -- one is essentially a goody hut "passive barbarians" and the other actually contains barbarian armies "active barbarians" that will seek out (try to) destroy player civs. They look differently on the map as well, so you don't accidentally stroll into an armed barbarian camp thinking it's a goody hut.

They are both called barbarian villages for descriptive purposes, but they serve very different gameplay purposes

Dan
                            Dan Magaha
                            Firaxis Games, Inc.
                            --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

Actually, there are two kinds of "barbarian villages" -- one is essentially a goody hut "passive barbarians" and the other actually contains barbarian armies "active barbarians" that will seek out (try to) destroy player civs. They look differently on the map as well, so you don't accidentally stroll into an armed barbarian camp thinking it's a goody hut.

They are both called barbarian villages for descriptive purposes, but they serve very different gameplay purposes

Dan
                              Dan one of the recent screenshots shows a captured Barbarian worker. Do the barbarian encampments actually get tile improvements done around them by barbarian workers?

Comment

Working...
                              X