• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PC.IGN preview

New preview, still reading

PC.IGN Civ3 Preview

ALL UUS REVEALED!
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Excellent work.

Comment

Lots of new pics and some new info, I'll post highlights and pic links in a bit

Comment

Wtf! i was just at IGN 10 minutes ago and they had an old one! This is cool.
          Alex

Comment

All settlers are good for now is establishing new cities (although settlers you capture from enemies wind up turning into two workers)
            Cool!
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

FINALLY!
              I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

Comment

interesting, thank serapis
                Interesting that the lack of multiplayer is brought up again
                http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

-With electricity, you can build irrigations anywhere
                  -Mutual Protection Pacts in diplomacy
                  -
                  And once a wonder is built somewhere in the world you must change the production orders of any other city that's building that same wonder. In other words you can't have four cities still building Bach's Cathedral after it's been completed. Some players used to do this so that they'd be ready to switch over to a new wonder once it becomes available.
                  Firaxis is cracking down on cheating.

-Roman leaders are Trajan or Hadrian
                  -American leader is Washington
                  =About 4 leaders per civ

Comment

Nice find.

Comment

New Pic Links:

City Governor Choices
                      Armies moving in (look at the terrain improvements, either an anal player or damn predictive AI, there checkerboard pattern regular, irrigate/mine)
                      Frigate Bombarding
                      City Build Requests
                      Civilopedia: Great Library
                      Civilopedia: Happiness Info

Comment

. To switch to Nationalism your culture rating must be quite high. The benefit of Nationalism is that you can mobilize your economy for war or peace.
                        Nice!
                        Another way to keep your culture high and cracks down on warmongers

On the conquest side you'll have access to something like 60 units.
                        60 military units on top of the 16 UUs. (I hope that theres the Paratroopers!)

There's still a lot of stuff to be done" according to the team. They have to work on the AI,
                        I hope that the AIs good

Comment

Best screenshots so far. Rivers hinder movement now rather than help? I'll be damned.

Comment

no huge surprises on the UU front
                            I suppose that Samuraui for Japan is confirmed which always generated a bit of debate

Comment

ooh look at the happiness screen shot though
                              this confirms Bach's Cathedral and Cure for Cancer are back inteh game!!
                              Woo hoo!
                              None of this "great Cathedral" nonsense aparently!

Comment

Working...
                              X