Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just my opinions

Originally posted by Yoleus
    CygnusZ: the Mandelbrot set? it is a wonder as the Niagara falls are, truly a wonder but NOT MAN-made. Manifest Destiny and Mandate of Heaven? Aren't you just a little over-religious?
    You're the first person ever to call me too religious. Mandlebrot set is weak, but I wanted another scientific wonder . Manifest Destiny and Mandate of Heaven though as philosphical lines of thought could have profound effects upon conquest and expansion.

At least in my mind Manifest Destiny made about as much sense as King Richard's Crusades. Mandate of Heaven is weak, but heck, as long as I was using esoteric far-fetched ideas :P

Comment

Ok, so you're saying that the World Trade Center has equal symbolic power when compared to the Statue of Liberty or the Pyramids? Look me in the eye without blinking and tell me that

The term being used is wonder of the world. I've lived in New York almost my entire life and it's amazing how people all the sudden attach these meanings which never existed before to the WTC. I guess abscence makes the heart grow fonder.

Comment

Wonders From The Dark Side

CANDU: Prerequsite:Nuclear Power/ being a morally bankrupt
        grasper
        Effects:Allows the owner to skirt past major
        environmental protection treaties

:You can sell'em to impoverished, loser
        countries with ongoing border disputes

:The people you sell them to imediately begin
        to research, develop and construct weapons
        of mass destruction which they plan on
        giving to anti-western extremists

:Normally, this sort of thing would have
        voters, your allies, major superpowers,
        human rights organizations and pretty much
        the rest of the civilized world breathing down
        your neck, but this can be avoided if you
        posses the "Your Best Freind Runs All of Your
        Nation's Media Outlets" wonder.

Comment

Ok, so you're saying that the World Trade Center has equal symbolic power when compared to the Statue of Liberty or the Pyramids? Look me in the eye without blinking and tell me that
          Well cygnuz, if youre referring to me, I dont think I compared the SOL and the WTC, only the WTC and pyramids.

Symbolically, very little wonders touch the SOL.

But what do the pyramids symoblize? What is their meaning? Think past and present.
          I see the world through bloodshot eyes
          Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Most people see the Pyramids as a symbol of the Egyption civilization. Not merely their religion and engineering, but also the Pyramids are a symbol of the ideals which the Egyption people held to be true. Religion, Architecture, Social Structure and more.

That was as true the day the Pyramids were built as it is today.

The WTC was only a symbol of America's economic ideals.

Comment

Working...
            X