Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Espionage Options Extremely Disappointing!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espionage Options Extremely Disappointing!!

"Don't say you heard it from us, but here are a list of espionage missions you can perform in Civ III:

Sabotage (sabotages the current project of an enemy city)
    Propaganda (attempts to convince an enemy city to join your Civilization)
    Steal Plans (reveals all troop locations of an enemy Civ for one turn)
    Steal World Map (reveals what an enemy knows about the world)
    Expose Enemy Spy (ferrets out opposing spies)"

No Steal Tech, no Blow Up Building, need I say more?

Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Ya... I wonder why you can't steal tech. That's strange.
    Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
    "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

well steal tech was overpowered in my opinion, but i agree why no blow up building? or even more important, incite riots

maybe they didn't list everything...or if they did maybe they will add in other stuff later

Comment

Good....I'm glad to see the steal technology go......

To think that a single spy could learn the secret of a technology by entering a single city always seemed silly to me.....

Though it does seem odd that one won't have the ability to do any really dirty deeds. (Don't forget poison water supply)....
        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

speculations scmeculations...
          To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Originally posted by drake
            Good....I'm glad to see the steal technology go......
            I agree that early on steal tech is unrealistic...but what about modern era? Steal nuclear plans, space flight plans...

you should be able to 'steal tech' which speeds up your research, rather than just giving you the advance, IMO.
            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Earthling7
              speculations scmeculations...
              Ehh, no. Why should they give us a list, if it isn´t complete? Simply to annoy us?
              Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Comment

It was this exact type of thread that drove me to start the topic "has the pessimism gotten out of hand"...
                Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

I wouldn't expect CIV III to be a major retrograde step in some areas-the nastier options have to exist, unless the world's turned totally PC!

Comment

Originally posted by fluxcapacitor
                    It was this exact type of thread that drove me to start the topic "has the pessimism gotten out of hand"...
                    Again: That has nothing to do with pessimism. If I am given a list with options, I assume the list is complete. Why would they deliberately leave something out?

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
                      Again: That has nothing to do with pessimism. If I am given a list with options, I assume the list is complete. Why would they deliberately leave something out?
                      Because they are not nice. They love hiding in the shadow watching you squeeeel
                      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
                        No Steal Tech, no Blow Up Building, need I say more?

Keep things in perspective, please.
                        I think the espionage-options that Firaxis have chosen to implement are more then enough.

After all, they shouldnt try to create "a game within a game", with 20+ different options, or more. That would be too distractive, and also potentially gameplay-unbalancing.

Stealing tech's was really overpowerful in Civ-2, and Im glad that its gone. Two succesful tech-thefts gave the same result as building the Darwin Voyage Wonder.

Blowing up Civ-buildings is done best by bombing-missions, during wars. If you do that in peace-time; its empire-supported terrorism.
                        Last edited by Ralf; October 19, 2001, 13:47.

Comment

I don´t believe that was the complete list.
                          Too poor, IMHO. So... Well, let´s wait.
                          :::::::::::::
                          Craftsman
                          :::::::::::::

Comment

Blowing up Civ-buildings is done best by bombing-missions, during wars. If you do that in peace-time; its empire-supported terrorism.
                            Terrorism should have a place in civ3.....Its necessary in fact.
                            I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                            Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Earthling7
                              Because they are not nice. They love hiding in the shadow watching you squeeeel
                              No, they aren´t that childish.

As I see it, you can´t blow up city walls, you can´t steal technology, you can´t wage infrastructural warfare. The espionage subgame is dead.

The most disappointing news so far. Espionage should be the alternative to warfare.

Comment

Working...
                              X