No announcement yet.

Answer from Amazon UK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well let us keep our fingers crossed Chowlett, although one has to really figure out how much longer they can leave it. Everyone is already confused as to what is going on, and the only people who seem decisive about it are Firaxis, who say simultaneous, but no word from Infogrames, who are conspicuous by their absence...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
      INfogrames states that the pan-European release date is 17th november, but does that include the UK?
      yes, it does

our initial question was actually for the UK, only to be told that it's the same for the whole Europe. Even for Greece!
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yeah, Markos, but you'll get it earlier as a 'perk of the job'. Hey, install me as Civ3 Mod quick and make sure I get this 'perk' as well
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          yes, it does

our initial question was actually for the UK, only to be told that it's the same for the whole Europe. Even for Greece!
          Damn - I was looking forward to having it in under a fortnight . Oh well, 17/11 is my Birthday, so I'll look on it as a b'day present.
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

I.... was previously under the understanding that the amazon website said the 28th October............. this is dire news.

Why? Because I just ordered it earlier today.

In future chaps big bold letters for the idiot Scot who doesn't bother reading websites.

I can cancel it can't I?.................
            A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

It is most wonderfully cheaper........ unwilling to cancel just yet,

What the address you've been mailing? Can't find a 'contact us' biut of the site.......

Comment

*BUMP* Go on.... what address did you use to mail. I've already sent one to orders@amazon.co.uk but I'm not sure if thats the right place

Comment

Originally posted by Ed_UK at Infogames UK Forum
                  Anyway, re: the release dates on sites. Basically, the marketing manager for the product has the date as the 16th november and this will be the date going out to the buyers in companies like amazon. However, when these dates change, it can take a while for the buyers to update the dates in the database (trust me, I've worked in retail ) The date Amazon are giving to me sounds like they're assuming it'll be released before year end but don't know when. Gameplay still have it down as 30th October. UKgames.com have the correct date.

I wouldn't worry too much about the stores shipping on time, as the launch approaches they'll realise when the game's getting in and when it's being released and stuff. Some places are just quicker at updating their release schedules.
                  At Infogames they say that the date will be 16th november.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Why the pointless delay? If the version being sold in the UK is _exactly_ the same as that sold in the US there is no reason for a delay - The only thing I can think of is shipping times, but if they started shipping stuff to their distribution centres in the UK shortly after the game went gold, then it would be in the UK in plenty of time to be fully distributed and on sale at the same time as the US.

Comment

I assume their just saying that to be safe.

But I want to make sure,

Someone tell me what the address I should be sending to is.

Comment

I agree, they should be in both places on the same day. It is just a bit confusing because while Firaxis are saying they are simultaneous, Infogrames are running around like headless chickens. We all know who is daddy in that relationship
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

There's a short article at gamespot UK, which includes this :

"With a November 16th release date now set, there'll be more on Civ III at GameSpot over the coming weeks"

I'm becoming convinced that there's no chance of getting it in the UK before the middle of november except by ordering from an American site and paying for the extra postage

Comment

You now that if you look at Electronics boutique UK web site, they say the release date is the 16/11/2001

www.eb.uk.com/review.asp?tab=pc&rev_id=138063

So which is it for the UK
                            I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

I haven't seen any website based in Britain that say's 30th October, so i think it must be 16th November

That date has just cropped up too many times to be a coincidence.

Comment

There's a new ask the Civ team on the official website, and on the subject of release dates, it say's :

"Unfortunately, we have no dates to report on release dates other than the North American / U.K. release date which is currently scheduled for 10/30. As soon as we get confirmed dates from Infogrames, we will post them here on Civ3.com. We know it's tough to wait, but we appreciate your patience."

Now i'm really confused

Comment

Working...
                                X