Answer from Amazon UK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer from Amazon UK!!!

"Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.uk with regards to "CIVILIZATION III". I have looked onto our website and the release date for this item, as you correctly stated, 28 December 2001. I have also looked onto "FIRAXIS" website and it states "Sid Meier's Civilization III has gone gold and will ship to retailers October 30th with games reaching store shelves soon after". Therefore, this means that stocks should arrive with the retailers but you will not be able to purchase this item until later. Please note that this date has not been provided."

What's your opinion about this? I don't know if this is god or bad news...

Amazon UK is employing headless chickens.

Comment

Amazon Uk are a bunch of tossers...cya in court

Comment

Re: Answer from Amazon UK!!!

Originally posted by Mookie
        Please note that this date has not been provided.
        which date of all?

the only thing i know is what we have been told by Infogrames, that 17/11 is the pan-european release date

beyond that, i dont any retailers who have stock and dont sell it for 6 weeks.....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I'm still very confused about this release date thing

Comment

So after that, we still now nothing. Are we going to have to wait till it is released before we have a date form them?
            I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

I know it is illegal for them to sell the game before the "official" release date, even if they have stock ready in advance. I once managed to persuade a retailer to sell me a copy thursday evening and only charge my credit card on the friday morning but normally they won't even do that.

Alternatively, since Infogrammes don't ship direct from their warehouses to the retail outlets, stores with bad distribution may get 1,000 units delivered to their warehouse on the day of release but take another two weeks to deliver them to their shops.
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

Somebody coming too late will be punished by a quicker one .."

Comment

Re: Answer from Amazon UK!!!

Originally posted by Mookie
                  "Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.uk with regards to "CIVILIZATION III". I have looked onto our website and the release date for this item, as you correctly stated, 28 December 2001. I have also looked onto "FIRAXIS" website and it states "Sid Meier's Civilization III has gone gold and will ship to retailers October 30th with games reaching store shelves soon after". Therefore, this means that stocks should arrive with the retailers but you will not be able to purchase this item until later. Please note that this date has not been provided."

What's your opinion about this? I don't know if this is god or bad news...
                  So they're going to have thousands of copies sitting int their warehouse from 30th October, but unable to release them to consumers until Infogrames' tells them to? Man that sux and blows.

Guess it's time to go look for a more expensive copy that will actually be delivered.

David
                  "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                    I once managed to persuade a retailer to sell me a copy thursday evening and only charge my credit card on the friday morning but normally they won't even do that.
                    As an auditor, that makes my life difficult. I once went to a stocktake and something similar to that had happened. It was a car dealership, and they had been "fudging" the sales dates for various reasons (tax, sales bonuses, licence reg plates etc) - The point being that the cars were not there at stock-take but no sales processed in respect of them either.

"Oh dear. We seem to have misplaced £100,000 worth of cars."
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Overnight test drive?
                      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

AArrgh! I thought that the UK release was the same as US for once!! Those Dumm MFer's!! Don't they think we like the game and will buy it. Maybe they just care about America!
                        Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                          Overnight test drive?
                          If it were claimed to be the case, I would request the details of all test drives around that time. I would then be required to phone the person in possession of the car at that time, and have them confirm that they were in fact in possession.

I'm just an investigator.

On the issue of universal release date, I think it is to do with Supplier/Distributor contracts, possibly equal opportunity law or something similar. i.e. All distributors are to have an equal opportunity at selling a new product.. Can't confirm that though.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

If they want the game to be bought rather than downloaded and pirated, they have a funny way of showing it... if this all is as it seems.
                            To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

INfogrames states that the pan-European release date is 17th november, but does that include the UK? To many, the UK is not a part of Europe per se. Plus we have Firaxis's statement that the release will be simultaneous in US/UK. I know they aren't the final word on this, but might infogrames have implicitly excluded UK from Europe, so the 30th October is still a valid release date? I hope so, but who knows?
                              The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                              Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                              All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                              "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Working...
                              X