No announcement yet.

Civ3 screens at multiplayer.it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well these look astounding, even if they are not totally finished screens. And not long to go either. Damn, I am excited
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

can't . . . wait. . . . must . . . buy . . .
      "He who lacks the romanticsm to believe that love triumphs any corporal happiness has sold his soul, whether for it he recieved an entire kingdom or a single silver coin."
      -Soren Kierkegaard, Fear and Trembling

Comment

i bet joan makes alot of friends in the ancient period

these shots are great!
        Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

In the city view at http://www.multiplayer.it/show.php3?...00/s_img14.jpg the city wall looks incomplete. Could it be the result of canons damaging the city wall?
          Last edited by Takeshi; October 13, 2001, 23:46.
          Student: You can't give us this test, I don't understand anything!
          Teacher: What would be the point of giving you a test if you understood?

Comment

The settler is really expensive, (settler 4 turns, worker 1 turn)
            as you see in this screenshot
            Giochi con schede, recensioni, trucchi e soluzioni per PC, Playstation 3, Wii, XBOX 360, DS, PSP

Comment

Originally posted by Takeshi
              In the city view at http://www.multiplayer.it/show.php3?...00/s_img14.jpg the city wall looks incomplete. Could it be the result of canons damaging the city wall?
              Yeah, they do look beaten up. Wonder how much it costs to repair them.
              Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

Oops, false link, here is the right one
                Giochi con schede, recensioni, trucchi e soluzioni per PC, Playstation 3, Wii, XBOX 360, DS, PSP

Comment

You're right cyril25376! It costs a mint! Wow! As much as the temple! Tough choice... do you in crease culture or expand?

Also... you'll notice that the commerce bars (in green) are showing that everything in that city (10 per turn) are going toward science. I wonder if you can set those rates independently per city or whether it's nation wide settings. It's probably nation wide, but I wonder why that would be shown in the city view...

Was it like that in CIV II?
                  Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
                  "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

are those "build times" in the queue relative to the current production saved up in building the settler? because a worker whtt costs < 9 shields isn't too cool...
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Takeshi
                      This picture looks like the city would be pre-metallurgy, so I don't think cannons...maybe catapults.

However, my first instinct was that the city walls were under construction. So that's a question for Dan: Will city views show improvements under construction rather than just having them suddenly appear?
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

screens look absolutely gorgeous. so those whining about crappy graphics need not bother anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Beaudoin
                          You're right cyril25376! It costs a mint! Wow! As much as the temple! Tough choice... do you in crease culture or expand?
                          Huh? Settlers did always cost at least as much as a temple.

From the screenshot the costs in CivIII are pretty clear:

Settler: 60 shields
                          Worker: 30 shields
                          Warrior: 30 shields
                          Archer: 40 shields
                          Spearman: 40 shields
                          Catapult: 40 shields
                          Barracks: 80 shields
                          Granary: 120 shields
                          Temple: 60 shields

Most items are somewhat more expensive than before, especially the Granary.

How did I figure that out? Think a little. If you want to be competitive at CivIII, you will have to start early.
                          Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

If the pyramids still give granaries in civ 3, they will be even more valuable, given the high cost of granaries. But I'm not sure they will still have that effect.

Comment

From the above we can also deduce that, in the early game, it will take a 6 shields producing city 250 years to train a Warrior, and 1.000 years to build a Granary.

With numbers such as these, rush strategies should not be much of a problem.
                              Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
                                From the above we can also deduce that, in the early game, it will take a 6 shields producing city 250 years to train a Warrior, and 1.000 years to build a Granary.
                                Um, I could be insane, or your math might be a little off.
                                I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

Comment

Working...
                                X