Wow, I'm disappointed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
    Hey, you're right! Drawing a steady paycheck is overrated anyway! Down with the man! Vive la revolucion, or something!

Hmmm.. think I better consult my wife first.
    Dan, this kind of post make you more "human" in my eyes (I mean, less a "official voice from Firaxis" and more someone who try to have a good life as we do).

Sure, steady paycheck is not as cool as winning a huge amount of money at the National Lottery

OTOH, consulting his own wife is surely a better move if someone want to survive to tell it!
    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
      If Civ3 is the best game ever, I'd thank all the people on the forums who worked so hard to help Firaxis. I'd also publically admit that Firaxis did outstanding work. Then I'd say: "Gee. Bad PR makes no difference in the software business."
      Wrong! You should say "Gee. Bad PR makes no difference in the software development. What a pity it throwed away some dedicated fan/free helpers in the process"

About finding a Civ III box in the shop bin... I'm going to shot my own right hand while, wandering on a game shop in november, I'd try to pick up a Civ III box before many reviews assure me the game is as good as I hoped (but don't believe it anymore).

Thank God I'm a very bad shooter using my left hand
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

LOL!
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
        X