No announcement yet.

Wow, I'm disappointed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez, Dan, you've done all the previous ones at eight or later, suddenly you switch to when I'm having dinner?

Anyway, I'm trying to post but the News Script is just giving me 500 Errors. Someone else will have to take this.
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Pembleton

I also noticed this but wasn't sure so I even looked it up at Webster's on-line dictionary to find something I didn't know:

Main Entry: cal·va·ry
      Pronunciation: 'kal-v(&-)rE
      Function: noun
      Inflected Form(s): plural -ries
      Etymology: Calvary, the hill near Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified
      Date: 1738
      1 : an open-air representation of the crucifixion of Jesus
      2 : an experience of usually intense mental suffering
      Doh! I always type calvary when I mean cavalry... I don't normally consider myself a very religious person, but maybe Someone is trying to tell me something!

Dan
      Dan Magaha
      Firaxis Games, Inc.
      --------------------------

Comment

Wow, the russian UU looks really cool. I might just have to play as them in my first game.
        I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

Comment

so what is the official reason for no MP? infogrames, money, bad coders..? what? and will it come free or be sold? for how much?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan of Firaxis
            Most of the earlier ones were written by me
            Wow! Really? Impressive. I was a history major in university, and I know that it's really hard not only to pin down the facts, but also to cut through the controversy and debate that usually surrounds history. I was wondering who was doing such a superb job of getting around that.
            Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
            "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
              so what is the official reason for no MP? infogrames, money, bad coders..? what? and will it come free or be sold? for how much?

thanks
              If I had official answers for those questions (believe me, I know you all want to hear them), I would have already posted them here and on Civ3.com. And before anyone asks, I'm not at liberty to post "unofficial" answers, either

Sorry, but that's the situation as it currently stands.

Dan
              Dan Magaha
              Firaxis Games, Inc.

Comment

Pavlov would be so pleased!
                Dan may act like he's joking...but he's really not
                I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Beaudoin

Wow! Really? Impressive. I was a history major in university, and I know that it's really hard not only to pin down the facts, but also to cut through the controversy and debate that usually surrounds history. I was wondering who was doing such a superb job of getting around that.
                  I was a writing minor during my undergrad days, so it's not that much of a stretch for me, but trying to compress a couple thousand years of Egyptian history into a few paragraphs is a very "interesting" task, to be sure.

Dan
                  Dan Magaha
                  Firaxis Games, Inc.

Comment

For the love of God... please don't turn this into an MP thread! PLEASE... I BEG YOU! PLEAAASE!!

I'm sure that Dan has a list of things that he is permitted to talk about and others he is not.

I think we should be asking better questions... like ones he can answer... such as:

Dan: What's your favorite Civilization to play?
                    Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
                    "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

If I had official answers for those questions (believe me, I know you all want to hear them), I would have already posted them here and on Civ3.com. And before anyone asks, I'm not at liberty to post "unofficial" answers, either

Sorry, but that's the situation as it currently stands.
                      I thought so. Thanks anyway

Comment

Dan, you should create a double login so that you can slip us information. heh heh
                        -connorkimbro
                        "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Originally posted by connorkimbro
                          Dan, you should create a double login so that you can slip us information. heh heh
                          Hey, you're right! Drawing a steady paycheck is overrated anyway! Down with the man! Vive la revolucion, or something!

Hmmm.. think I better consult my wife first.

Dan
                          Dan Magaha
                          Firaxis Games, Inc.

Comment

Maybe connor can support you when you lose your job

Comment

Dan, what is it with you guys and China? There was a short thread on Mao being a regular in anything Civ3 related, but that was brushed off as just coincidence. Now, looking at the china UU, I wouldn't be surprised for the chinese UU to beat a regular, hell even special, cavalry. Now I know that a 15th century chinese "Rider" (BTW, unlike everyone else I like that name) could TOUCH a mounted Musketeer, definetly NOT a rifleman, and this cant be for gameplay becouse Ive had nights loose to cavalry 85% of the time in civ 2, now it looks like its gona be 50%...

But if thats our biggest problem than this game will be truly great

Peace out...
                              "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

I have some question about CIV3 web site:

We know that Zone.com don't support CIV MP any more. Games.com have one server, but it's basically dead. So does Firaxis have any plan for a CIV3 server once CIV3 MP version is out?
                                I hope you have an unofficial answer for this Thanks.

BTW, Dan, you were really unexpected early this time. But there is a post in civfanatics forums. Maybe that one was fast enough. I guess people here is just waiting for your "living update". You bring some heavy traffic in apolyton today. I have to reload several time to make a post.
                                Last edited by sekong; October 12, 2001, 15:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X