No Mp It's Official!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitestar, I am just reading the other thread, but I have to say

I'm sorry, but that excuse is unacceptable, whether it be true or not. It seems to be a very popular excuse coming from developers releasing unfinished product. Developers CONTROL who they sign with. Developers AGREE to a product deadline. If they can't deliver the full product in the timeline they agreed to, then the management team is not doing their job and must accept at least some of the blame.

To just say, "The publisher made us do it; we have no control" is extremely weak IMHO, and makes me question the ability of these developers to own up and accept responsibility for their actions. If developers can't deliver on their promises by a mutually agreed upon deadline, then DON'T SIGN THE DAMN CONTRACT!
    I agree with you 100 % !!! you hit the nail on the head with that one.

Comment

tje old rumors said no MP till late Spring at the earliest. if these hold up theres a chance that they'll give a downloadable patch, but i doubt it.

they'll squeeze me for every dime i'm worth. thats how capitialism works isn't it?
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure all of you can meet your deadlines with 100% accuracy also . That's simply not the way making a game works. There's no method to predict how long it'll take.

I would to see any of you predict how long it'll take to finish your big projects with 100.00% accuracy.

As far as MP goes, I don't play it too often. It's better to release a good implementation later than to release a horrible implementation right now. So you play SP for a few months? You'll need the practice anyway, as they've rewritten the AI from scratch this time , and implemented culture . It should keep you busy until they have MP finished .

And since they've rewritten the AI from scratch, I don't want to hear any complaints until somebody has played it .

Hopefully, it will be a free patch . Then nobody can complain.
        "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I agree with CobraA1. I was more than entertained with just playing the AI on civ1 and civ2, so I am sure I will cope on civ3. And even then, I found coordinating with other people, problems of people getting disconnected or just not getting the computers to work together to be a phenomenal pain in the arse with MPs, and as it takes so damn long to play a TBS MP, I never considered it worth the effort. So unless there is some ingenious idea up Firaxis's sleeve, I am not too concerned about the delay
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Cobra I dont feel like arguing

but there is the issue of being straightforward and fair to the fans. How about telling us in advance, so peole dont preorder something they dont know about?

or confirming now?

Comment

No MP: Damn that sucks

Speaking as someone who plays Mp exclusively I'm very disappointed

Of course the SP posters don't want the game release delayed so we can't expect much sympathy or support from them

But I think Firaxis/infogames has made a big marketing error which they will regret.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                Cobra I dont feel like arguing

but there is the issue of being straightforward and fair to the fans. How about telling us in advance, so peole dont preorder something they dont know about?

or confirming now?
                The multiplayer feature was removed from Amazon's description of the game a while ago, and people who really care that much can cancel their order anyway.

Comment

If you're really a hardcore MP, then you can wait. You probably don't want to get a half-written implementation anyway.

If bad AI is the reason you play MP, they've re-written it, so you no longer have an excuse .

VetLegion, I think the GameSpot article confirmed what we need to know for now - they're working on it, but they're probably not sure of the implementation themselves. They've been pretty open about everything else, so I'm sure as soon as they have something they'll tell us. Now is the time to get your own ideas in .
                  "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

Comment

This isnt 1994...to ship a game without multiplayer can only mean that they're in this for the money .

Comment

Go Firaxis!

Great news, this no MP!

Not being an MP player, I'm happy that Firaxis has spent all this time on SP, which should mean the SP is that much better!
                      "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

the fact of it is that they said they had multiplayer (it was in advertisements on amazon.com) and they don't. thats false advertising on someone's part.

and to make it even worse, they didn'y say one thing about it.

they tiptoed around it on the forums, and regurgitated information that revealed no information over and over when cornered.

and now they just say its out. flat out. when is it comming? am i going to have to pay for it?

wtach them dance around it again until civ3 mge comes out with MP a few scenarios and maybe a leader or two
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Everyone who is saying "If they charge for MP I won't play" are so full of it. You know damn well that you will dish out the extra cash (if you have it) as soon as they release it. And if not, you'll wait till you do have money.

Comment

Originally posted by FuFu15
                            This isnt 1994...to ship a game without multiplayer can only mean that they're in this for the money .
                            Well obviously! If Firaxis didn't do it for the money, why isn't it free? Firaxis is a corporation. Corporations make all decisions based on which option will maximize their profits. Wake up and realize that capitalism serves to those who want to maximize profits and not to the good-natured people.
                            "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                            "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

i told you. they got you good. and you're going to bend over and buy what they tell you to buy.

a viking fan? they'll put out a viking patch for a price. you betcha.

keep bending and take it in some more.

Comment

Originally posted by FuFu15
                                What company isn't???

Comment

Working...
                                X