No Mp It's Official!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mahdimael
    I'm personally of the opinion that Firaxis is working right now on multiplayer and will release it as a launch-simultaneous download.
    If you're serious, this would be a bad thing. MP is usually rushed in most games, and even in games that have had MP heavily tested, there are still problems. The first few patches for most games I've seen have tons of fixes to the MP aspect.

Let them take their time and get it right.

Comment

Wexu, dude relax

You're going to blow a fuse chief!

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. And mine is that Firaxis can wax my johnson for neglecting mp.

Why should you care about my "irrelevent" mp opinion
      I see the world through bloodshot eyes
      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

We have known this for a long time haven't we? So why is this all of a sudden big news?

I have not been too concerned about the delay in MP because I have found that MP can be awkward and just too time consuming on a TBS, so as long as there is PBEM (which is a little easier going rather than having to agree to allocate about 20 hours ) I don't mind for the time being.

And Rexu, steady on, you'll give yourself an aneurysm at that rate
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

i f*cking knew that for months now, but you people never listen.

BEND OVER AND PAY FOR CIV III MGE.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: The truth of the matter here

Originally posted by drake
            Is that Firaxis is all about money.
            Well DUH! Who do you really think they're making the game for? Us? Nope, themselves! They're doing it to make a buck and since SP makes tons of bucks they'll do SP right now and follow up with MP later.
            "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
            "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
            "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Originally posted by Pembleton

If you're serious, this would be a bad thing. MP is usually rushed in most games, and even in games that have had MP heavily tested, there are still problems. The first few patches for most games I've seen have tons of fixes to the MP aspect.

Let them take their time and get it right.
              Certainly. But there's no evidence that says that they haven't been doing just that. They want to release the game, and multiplayer is almost done..but not quite. So release it as a patch when the game launches. The 2-3 weeks between going gold and the release will offer them the chance to focus exclusively on the multiplayer issues
              ----
              "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mahdimael
                The 2-3 weeks between going gold and the release will offer them the chance to focus exclusively on the multiplayer issues
                I hope not exclusively. They should continue playtesting the gold version for new bugs so that they can get the first patch out ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  We have known this for a long time haven't we? So why is this all of a sudden big news?
                  A lot of people were skeptical about the rumor and were hoping for it to be false.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron

A lot of people were skeptical about the rumor and were hoping for it to be false.

Yin26 is heard softly chuckling in the background. Mwahahaha!
                    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

AARGH!!!!

FIRAAAAAXIS!!

In my opinion, there is no excuse.

First, they developed this game for ages: and no 3D terrain, no this, no that (I am glad that they were not radical dont get me wrong) but does it really take all this time to implement borders and culture??

And they quit Dinos and delayed SimGolf so they could concentrate on Civ 3, instead they do not even get that right!

I mean SMAC code? how hard is that?

I am guessing that they want to implement some radical new system (simmultanious RTS TBS combo or something) or that the matchmaking site is not ready)

IT DOESNT MATTER. WE WILL PLAY PBEM!!!

We wont actually as things stand now

Comment

BEND OVER AND PAY FOR CIV III MGE.

Talk about treating fans like scum. They should put firaxis in textbooks.

Comment

So, I hope now they polish SP as much as they can and forget the whole MP thing. When SP is really done, THEN they should start to think ways to make MP great
                          Really? done by your criteria is it? Game isnt done if there is no MP. Wonders like Eiffel tower prove that, every aspect of the game has to be thought of in multiplayer perspective.

which isn't easy. I know there are these which I'll now call "hardcore Civ-multiplayers" who'll enjoy playing couple of years one Civ game as PBEM
                          really? I am not hardcore MP civ player, however I find AI too limited to last me a game (I am not bragging, I simply have enough expirience with it to predict it to a point where it is boring). I was really looking forward to playing some PBEM and even some LAN games.

but I think majority find all MP-Civs rather boring, because the game is made for SP-play and there's just too much waiting and nothing to do in MP game. I'm one of those.
                          They talked about inventive way of MP, presumably with less waiting. I would not mind if they took another 3-4 months to finish the thing and put it all out.

But what I am guessing that this is a purely money squezing technique. Buy two CDs instead of one. The second one will likely be out pretty soon (3-4 months) and will have MP + scenarios or whatever.

It will also likely surpass my buying power. I ll have to see.

But firaxis, that is really, really .... low.

Comment

Uuups I was angry enough not to notice there is another thread little lower.

Comment

No MP, No dollar bills for Infogrames

Yeah, we saw this coming awhile ago with the accidental leak of information in that Firaxis e-mail response to the teacher.

I respect the people who are primarily interested in single-play, and I am glad they will have it soon. However, as a consumer, I was told the game would have multi-play, and I expect that. When Firaxis/Infogrames delivers the REST of the game, then I will consider buying it. Hope they don't try to give us the shaft with an additional charge for multiplayer add-on.

MH

Comment

Sorry for you MP people...
                                If MP will be available as a free downloadable patch, I can understand it (either this or delaying the game). If not - they're a bunch of greedy bastards
                                In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                                In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Working...
                                X