• Show
Clear All

It sounds like the editor is going to be really cool
    Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Originally posted by Mars
      It sounds like the editor is going to be really cool
      AFAIK (IMO) much better and advanced than in Civ II.
      Now, let's just hope for the best.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Yeech! It better be better than the Civ II scenario tools. I had some cool ideas for scenarios but the whole process took so long I never got much further than setting up a civ or two's city locations.

I hope (and think) it'll be a point-and-click thing, i.e. you choose a map, click where you want a city and edit the stats for that city. It would be cool if you could drag roads/railroads like in SimCity 2000.

Anyone know if there will be more than one editor or will the map/scenario/unit/civ editors be one program?
        "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
        "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut
          It better be better than the Civ II scenario tools. I had some cool ideas for scenarios but the whole process took so long I never got much further than setting up a civ or two's city locations.
          Embarrasing to admit, but that's like me.
          Has good ideas, but can't finish or realize them.

The Civ III scenario coalition could be good
          solution for lazy scenario makers like us.
          Last edited by Rasbelin; October 6, 2001, 05:56.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Am I missing something

People seem to be very excited about the idea that you can create special units for each civ, modify so a roman marine is different from a bab marine, change combat factors, etc.

Have any of you actually played any Civ2 scenarios??? People do that all the time. Granted its a little awkward, since creating unique units involves assigning units to techs that some civs cant research, or creating techs that obsolete the units (so we see a tech like "not Roman" that is give to all the civs other than roman so they can build roman units,etc) Other than making this more direct and therefore somewhat easier, I see nothing to get excited about. What scenario editing tools are there that will go beyond what people have already done in Civ2.

Note to Mark - maybe this would have been a better discussion in Scen league than in Civ 3 general?

LOTM
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Re: Am I missing something

Originally posted by lord of the mark
              People seem to be very excited about the idea that you can create special units for each civ, modify so a roman marine is different from a bab marine, change combat factors, etc.

Have any of you actually played any Civ2 scenarios??? People do that all the time. Granted its a little awkward, since creating unique units involves assigning units to techs that some civs cant research, or creating techs that obsolete the units (so we see a tech like "not Roman" that is give to all the civs other than roman so they can build roman units,etc) Other than making this more direct and therefore somewhat easier, I see nothing to get excited about. What scenario editing tools are there that will go beyond what people have already done in Civ2.

Note to Mark - maybe this would have been a better discussion in Scen league than in Civ 3 general?

LOTM
              Or CTP/2 scenarios where it has been repeatedly posted the 20 lines of SCRIPTING LANGUAGE (dammit Firaxis) needed to make unique units, and they aren't even in the base game.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanks for the plug, Rasbelin

Could someone provide a link to concrete information about the in-game editor? I'd like to know what we actually know and what's just speculation.
                "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

Re: Am I missing something

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                  Have any of you actually played any Civ2 scenarios???
                  Trying to make me mad?

I'm playing the standard WW2 scenario at
                  the background for the moment.
                  And this is certainly not the first time I'm
                  playing a scenario. I have played scenarios
                  since I bought Civ II UCC in 1998. Sí?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoek

Could someone provide a link to concrete information about the in-game editor? I'd like to know what we actually know and what's just speculation.
                    I suppose I haven't seen any all-in-one
                    information package about the editor/s. It seems
                    like all the knowledge has been here.

The only sure piece of information that I know,
                    is that we can make totally new forms of governments.

Other members have mentioned that we can
                    import unit graphics in 3D or 2D. The map sizes
                    has also been mentioned on Ape's forums.
                    AFAIK I haven't see anything else.

Could someone else implement this list?

Comment

Working...
                    X