How will you like to first play Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will you like to first play Civ3?

A problem with this poll will be the possibility that there will be no separate toggle for abilities/uu's/golden ages. Thus I asked how you would *like* to first play Civ3.

I would first like to play with abilities on and uu's/golden ages off for the first game.
    Like Classic Civ...these civ-specifics are nonsense
    1.33%
    Abilities only
    2.67%
    Unique Units only
    0.00%
    Golden Ages only (I doubt this will get many votes)
    0.00%
    Abilities/UUs
    0.00%
    Abilities/Golden Ages
    0.00%
    UUs/Golden Ages
    0.00%
    All of them
    96.00%

I think ill play with only civ abilities.
    If you place a thing into the center of your life, that lacks the power to nourish. It will eventually poison everything that you are.
    And destroy you. -Maxi Jazz, Faithless

Comment

No matter how much I hate CSUs, golden ages and the like, on my first game I will play with all of them, just to see how the complete game works. Heck, I paid for the game, so I should at least sample the features I paid for.
      Last edited by Cyclotron; October 3, 2001, 13:49.
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Yeah, I want to experience all of the features that have been put into the game. UU's, GA's, everything. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Comment

with someone else
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

All of 'em! It's how it's designed to be played, and if I don't like them I can always turn them off. OTOH, if I play without them and find it passable, I may decide not to turn them on and miss out on potential ecstasies of delight.
            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

I'm going all out with the new options

infact, to make time pass quicker i think i may just sleep till the 30th! midterms aren't THAT important right???
              "Maybe, just maybe my guys can hold 'em off... yeah... and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot" - Bruce Campbell, Army of Darkness

Comment

All of them of course! I want the full Civ experience.

Besides, that stuff looks awesome.

I fully expect to lose (badly) my first game.

God I can't wait
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                  All of them of course! I want the full Civ experience.

Besides, that stuff looks awesome.

I fully expect to lose (badly) my first game.

God I can't wait
                  I don't expect to lose (or at least not badly) since I will probably play at a relatively easy difficulty to get a feel for the flow of techs, units,gameplay, new concepts, diplomacy and what not... Of course once the difficulty is increased, who knows what will happen.

Comment

All options, prince level, as the Romans, or maybe the Chinese, possibly the English.
                    To those who understand,
                    I extend my hand.
                    To the doubtful I demand,
                    Take me as I am.

Comment

first game: biggest map
                      : all possible civ's
                      : all options --> on!:-)
                      let my pc do some work for a change
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Wow, I thought that the majority would have all of the features on, but I didn't think it would be this lopsided!

Comment

Originally posted by Pembleton
                          Wow, I thought that the majority would have all of the features on, but I didn't think it would be this lopsided!
                          Come on... What's the point of playing CivIII if you just want to play it like Civ II?
                          Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Originally posted by Falconius

Come on... What's the point of playing CivIII if you just want to play it like Civ II?
                            You're right. It's just like Civ2. Except it's Civ2 with new graphics, new wonders, new units, different diplomatic options, great leaders, new trade/resource model, culture, build queues, different combat model,...need I go on?

Comment

All or nothing is what i'm saying
                              Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Working...
                              X