No announcement yet.

How will you like to first play Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna get a general idea of all what's in Civ III. So be sure I'll play it with all toggled on, wether I like it or not. I'll see what it gives after.
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Yeah, i want to know how all the new features work, and the only way to do that is turn them all on! I think ill keep them on after that game too, as im optimistic
      Which reminds me, it would be interesting to do this pole again about a week after Civ 3 is released, to see just how many people are still using the UUs, GAs and CSAs. So someone do it
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I voted "All". It's crazy not to at least try all of the options for a few games.
        "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
        "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
        "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

All of them, definitely! I want the full throttle Civ III experience! My first game will prob. be as Persians vs. 9 or 10 random civs on Chieftain.
          "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
          "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

with ALL the bells and whistles!

oh yeah...cant wait
            16 civs and a huge map too!!!

Comment

All of them, oh yes.
              After enjoying SMAX's factions, I'm really looking forward to even more diversity in Civ3's civ's.
              I'll probably play as Romans (because romans are cool ) or Germans (to try and repeat WW2 ).

No doubt I wont finish my first game, as I go rushing off to try all the other civilisations, or a new strategy.

mmmmmm Civ3.

Comment

Yep, all of 'em. 16 civs too. That is going to be awesome! Breaking the 8 civ barrier of CtP and Age of Empires II.
                Ex Fide Vive
                Try my new mod and tell me what you think. I will be revising it per suggestions. Nine Governments Mod

Comment

all of them becose i want to SEE wat's new
                  Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
                  f**k the f****n f*****s!
                  I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
                  let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Ditto.
                    Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
                    If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
                    "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

All of them on, from the start, and probably evermore, barring special scenarios and experiments.

Unless one civ turns out to have a really big advantage that unbalances the game, which I doubt.

I mean, I never edited out the faction specific stuff in AC. it gives them personality.

Edit: that's odd, when did I become a king?
                      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

In my very first game of Civ 3 I will (of course) play the game with all the abilities on! Brand new things should be tested properly.
                        "Beware of the English Empire; the English people are
                        going to rule the world again in "CIVILIZATION III""

Comment

Definately want to try all features the first time I play. Let's see if the new features are worth playing.
                          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Everything!
                            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I'll do this....

Originally posted by Ironwood
                              All options, prince level, as the Romans...
                              ...and this...

Originally posted by alva848
                              first game: biggest map
                              : all possible civ's
                              ... and THIS....

Originally posted by Screebo
                              infact, to make time pass quicker i think i may just sleep till the 30th!
                              Actually, I'd thought about that, but I'd probably lose my job. And my wife would keep waking me up.
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

My very very first game will be with all the options at whatever the default is. I suspect this will mean the Civ3 new features specified in this poll will be all ON.

I also suspect the default option for map size will be the middle one, with whatever the maximum number of civs allowed on that map size is.

As for difficulty level, if they are the same options (has this been confirmed?) I will go for Prince. The Civ2 manual advised Civ players to drop a diffuculty level for their first game, so I will do the same thing here.

Comment

Working...
                                X