Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible last minute idea: Casualty totals for wars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally agree.
    Even I prefer to talk about 1,000 men instead of 10 HP.

Comment

GOod idea. im not sure about the algorithm tho jelly.. why do you hvae to incorporate total units into it? You already hvae population, no need for total units.. think of somehting else
      And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

only 1,000 men Alf?

what kind of sissy war are you fighting!?

the Uber KruX "global purgings" kill no less than billions.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I would like this.

Comment

great idea
            Second official member of OfAPeCiClu [as of 27-07-2001 12:13pm]: We will force firaxis to make a GOOD game through our sheer negativity!

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
              only 1,000 men Alf?

what kind of sissy war are you fighting!?

the Uber KruX "global purgings" kill no less than billions.
              Allways guessed that civ scales was about 10,000 men per unit, but it´s hard to estimate, cause units are built and not recruited.
              Anyway, in the real world, the only military organization that could be composed of only infantry, cavalry, arty or tanks is the REGIMENT (=1,000 men).
              Consider that a submarine could have a crew of only 50 men.

Comment

but cities can have billions, and can be DESTROYED now.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
                  Asesino_Virtual

Comment

This is definitely a great idea. I always like references, and in Civ2 I always spent time trying to figure out how many men were in each unit...Regardless, this feature MUST be in the game

Here that Firaxis?

On a side note- I love that about Europa Universalis, it's so easy to reference how many have perished for your glory

Comment

Originally posted by dainbramaged13
                      GOod idea. im not sure about the algorithm tho jelly.. why do you hvae to incorporate total units into it? You already hvae population, no need for total units.. think of somehting else
                      Makes sense to me...if you just have a border skirmish with an enemy and most of your units are resting in your cities, few people will be counted as dead in the war. If you overwhelmingly overpower your enemy, only losing four or five units, death tolls will similarly be lower. The total units variable is used to calculate (along with population) just how much a unit 'represents' in people.
                      "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Comment

Would be a nice touch.

Comment

Wow, I'm pleased to see such an overwhelmingly positive response. Come on Firaxis, make it so! I think that seeing actual concrete numbers in front of you (man, I have lost 30,00 of my nation's brave young men already! i better sue for peace) would make diplomacy much more realistic.
                            Hopefully, if nothing else there will be a way to add something like this with an editor. Jelly Donut seems to have a good formula, even if it isn't 100% accurate and needs to be modified a little bit it shows you that this would be an extremely quick and simple (and extremely rewarding) thing for Firaxis to add at this, the 11th hour of Civ 3.
                            Thanks to this forum for it's support for my idea.
                            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Firaxis, Make it so!

This goes right along with the whole 'replay' idea.

Comment

(Firaxis must read this )
                                http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X