Post here if you own preorder video or want to host it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monkspider
    is there any chance you could upload the file to one of the web services listed earlier in this thread annikoba?
    Hehe thats what im waiting on... I even stole Snapcase's code so someone could do it faster...
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

we 56k users can't attempt downloading a file that big without an option to resume, so newsgroups and Mirc and such are right out, and thus a website with Gozilla or Getright installed on our computers is our only option. I beg of you, any of you with the video, upload it to a website!
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Whaddya say Anunikoba?

Comment

hey, i hvae mIRC what do i do (ive never used it before)
          And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Find a channel # we can meet at, and let me know when it will be convenient to transfer the file.

As far as the other mediums are concerened- I don't use ICQ; I don't have webspace to host it on; and I am not downloading anything else onto my PC (Kazaa).

But I am hoping that someone will be able to get the file off of the newsgroup, or do a mIRC transfer, and from there post it.

Comment

Hmmm, well about the free websites:

0Catch has a limit of 1MB file sizes (we need to upload a 74MB one)
              100megsfree isnt taking new members
              yod isnt taking new members
              topcities cant view more than 2MB per html page
              fortunecity has an upload limit of 3MB

so none of those will work
              looks like we will have to wait for someone who can host it to get the file and put it up.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Like I said before,
                I can host it. At least we can put it temporary on my server and than ask Markos or Dan to move it over to their server (since 100 people downloading 74 MB from my server will result in a very low bandwidth)

I can as well password protect it, and only let a few apolytoners download it.

If you have the video and want to upload it to my server,
                email me at robert@plompweb.net or Private message me.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

More ways to get the vid

Ok, everyone. Perfect way to get the file (even supports resume -kind of).

If you have outlook express (version 6 does it, v5 might do) and an internet connection then you can get it.

the NNTP server is news.easynews.com and its private - although a free 3day trial is available. Goto
                  www.easynews.com to signup they have all the parts of the message.

Using outlook, hightlight all the messages 1-174, right click and select combine. This will then start saving the messages (1 by 1) down to your machine. If it falls over then simply do it again, all the exisiting d/l messages will already be there and it will d/l only the missing ones (a bit like resuming in 600k blocks).

Working fine for me.

Let me know if any of you manage to do it
                  You are young ..... but you will learn.

Comment

Thanks blacksurf, i checked it out but you need to give them your credit card info, and i have had a bad experience or two with so-called "free trials" like that in the past.
                    If anyone can download it off the newsgroup and put it on a web site it would be great

Do you have newsgroup access cybershy?

Comment

I have uploaded the divX version to cybershy who is hosting it for everyone else, try there ......

We have freed the video !!!!
                      You are young ..... but you will learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacksurf
                        I have uploaded the divX version to cybershy who is hosting it for everyone else, try there ......

We have freed the video !!!!

THANK YOU AND CYBERSHY!!!

Drinks are on Anunikoba !!!
                        To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

How about Direct Connect? Another file sharing util, but I've had good results w/ it so far...
                          Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

Never heard of it...

Comment

that's why I convieniently provided a link...
                              Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

I succumb to your argument...I am blocked from such things by a nasty firewall, unfortunately...

Comment

Working...
                                X