No announcement yet.

Post here if you own preorder video or want to host it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's easy if you have microsoft outlook. add a "news" account and type "nntp" as your server. you should be able to access all newsgroups.
    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Comment

thanks annikoba
      Is there any chance we, who cannot access newsgroups, could get you to post it on web server if it's not too much trouble?
      *pleads!*
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

yeepee! I got to download the entire vid from the newsgroup....now how do I post it up somewhere? I need help with that.
        If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Comment

I found it, but the file is 461KB!!! It's the first 3 seconds! Help!!!
          To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Originally posted by Snapcase
            Open a session of Notepad and copy the following:

Code:
            (html)
            (head)
            (title)Link to Preview Video(/title)
            (/head)

(body)
            (p)(a href="FILE_URL")Click here to download the video!(/a)(/p)
            (/body)
            (/html)
            Substituting the URL of the video file for FILE_URL, and tag brackets (&lt &gt) instead of the normal ones. Save the file as index.html. Upload it.
            LHM: That should help you put it up on a site, (ta Snapcase btw) now you just need to sign up to one (or more) of the sites with free hosting, and upload the video file and the html file.

Let us know if you have any problems
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

does it work with netscape mail?
              And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

it's easy if you have microsoft outlook. add a "news" account and type "nntp" as your server. you should be able to access all newsgroups.
                That's not a valid host/server or whatever. I think it has to be something like this - news.cc.purdue.edu, and if someone ever got it on the web or a filesharing group this point could be moot...
                I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                New faces...Strange places,
                Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

I just checked this newsgroup and it contains only the first three seconds of the video. If it can be reposted, I'll download it and put it on KaZaA.

Comment

for beginners...

Ok, everyone - the file is definetly all on the news group -although it is taking ages to d/l - only 23mb so far. (and that's in about 3 hours!!! on a 128k line)

What most of you will be doing is only loading the first part (of 171) as most newsreaders - e.g. outlook - don't let you handle multipart attachments. Try using FORTE instead.

You also need to make sure your NNTP server has all 171 posts - not all servers do as they tend to delete binaries. Try searching on the internet for "Free News Servers" or "Free Binaries News Servers" - you may find some that work.

Also, you can't just type NNTP into Outlook to make it work. You need a proper address, such as news.freenews.net.
                    You are young ..... but you will learn.

Comment

argh ... I'll just wait for it to be available or get the LE version.

Comment

don't give up earthling, once some people get it off the newsgroup it will eventually migrate to file sharers and web sites and then the rest us of, even the newsgroup-challenged factions of this great community, will have the legendary video

Comment

just stay tuned to this thread, i'm sure someone will upload it to a web site

Comment

Again, if someone has mIRC and wants to fileshare it, that's fine by me. Just let me know.

koba@home.com

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                              Again, if someone has mIRC and wants to fileshare it, that's fine by me. Just let me know.

koba@home.com
                              If you can find your ICQ number, we can do it that way, right?

Comment

is there any chance you could upload the file to one of the web services listed earlier in this thread annikoba?

Comment

Working...
                                X