Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a little Genocide between allies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a little Genocide between allies...

I had a good idea for destroying cities. When you order a city to be destroyed, one population point should be destroyed per turn. This means that small cities can be easily eradicated, but large cities will take ages to destroy and so the enemy may have a chance to reclaim the city before it is wiped out.

There should be no limit on the city size that can be eradicated - New York could be destroyed, but it would take a very long time.

For example, the Aztecs conquer Paris, which is size 23. It takes the French 12 turns ro recapture the city, by which time it has been rediced to 11. Whilst a city is being 'genocided', it should not grow, nor build things, produce taxes or science.

With this feature, if you knew you could not hold on to an enemy city for a long time, you could at least damage it.

What do you lot think?

supposedly, once you take over a city, you can either destroy it or take it over, (see news item) i like your idea better, where it actualy takes a certain number of turns to eradicate it. Not so slowly though.. maybe 3-5 pop points per turn
    And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Maybe the more units in a city the faster they can destroy it? One unit per pop point.

Comment

I think red johns idea sounds good. perhaps 2 sizes a turn.
        If you place a thing into the center of your life, that lacks the power to nourish. It will eventually poison everything that you are.
        And destroy you. -Maxi Jazz, Faithless

Comment

I dont like the idea jon.

But Genocide is optional. When I take over cities in CTP, I put all the workers as Merchants . Thus the city does not recieve any food and starves to death . But the gold they give me is usefull!!!

Comment

Sounds good Jon. Very realistic. I think it would also emphasise the gruesomness of genocide.
            To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

i agree with faded glorys ethnic-cleansing ways. i suppose red jon's idea is okay, but i like a fast solution to my problems, like nerve-stapling.
              Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Saddam/FG's method is what I usually do, but it takes a while.

Perhaps the improvement 'concentration camps' could speed the process up, say by having 2 population points die per unit.

It's sadistic, but it's life.

Comment

your desgusting.
                  If you place a thing into the center of your life, that lacks the power to nourish. It will eventually poison everything that you are.
                  And destroy you. -Maxi Jazz, Faithless

Comment

Originally posted by DonJoel
                    your desgusting.
                    Don't try to forget the past. It HAPPENED and still goes on today (Serbia).
                    "I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks & stones". Albert Einstein
                    "To Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"- Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by DonJoel
                      your desgusting.
                      Oh, c'mon!

I doubt there is one civ player who has never tried to 'dispose of' a captured city. IT ISN'T REAL. The British used the camps during the Boer war and many nations have since.

Comment

Originally posted by Col Bigspear

Don't try to forget the past. It HAPPENED and still goes on today (Serbia).
                        Actually, NATO air strikes killed a considerably higher amount more than Milosevic did. The charges of ethnic cleansing were exaggerated.

Comment

Wow, well thought out idea I like it
                          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

A turn is approx. a year, right? Would it take decades to wipe out a city with 1,000,000 citizens? I don't think so. If you really want to you can just line them out and kill them. Small groups of resistance fighters do not make a single population point. Maybe a one turn delay between a city being wiped off the map so the owners have a slim chance of getting it back at best.
                            "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                            "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                            "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

I agree with everything i've heard you recently say. I think the one year a turn creates some realism problems, but luckily, realism isn't worth sh*t. I agree that you can kill off a city in a year, and I also agree that, if you think about, it, a lot of things don't make sense because of the one turn a year. If you don't think about it, and enjoy the game for what it is, you don't go complaining about whether there should be a picture of a missile truck under a nuke. or some other useless thing like that. I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls.

Comment

Working...
                              X