The site just updated. Screenshots and Aztecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The site just updated. Screenshots and Aztecs

Nine new screenshots and the Aztecs, I'm over to have a better look.

Edit:
    Discuss the Aztecs in UberKruX's thread
    URL at screenshots and Aztecs in the original text.

See www.civ3.com
    Last edited by Gramphos; September 21, 2001, 12:31.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Woohoo, the shots are updated as well. They show newer graphics for what is being built as well as people. Cool!
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Comment

A City Screen showing Paris building Smith's Trading Company. You may also notice Magellan's Voyage being built in another city shown on the map. The people look good.
      Two mapscreens, two new domestic advisor screens.
      Another view of Paris building Wall Street and has something named Draft on it.
      Military advisor: In republic all units cost one gold/turn. The Wonders of the World screen and a Summary Replay.

Comment

Obviously the luxury slider is back.
        "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Hmm... The Jaguar Warrior is 1/1/2. Although not as impressive as other units, I think that they could basicly be cheap military units. It has the same stats as a Chariot, but I'm guessing won't require any resources.
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Discuss the Aztecs in UberKruX's thread

This is kind of funny, but I just notice that I've become a King, and when I check my Post Count I find that my 1000th post was this thread.
            Edit: Spelling
            Last edited by Gramphos; September 21, 2001, 12:32.

Comment

Ok, from screens:

The military advisor lets you compare 2 civs militaries on the same screen, and apparently you can capture workers.

That endgame replay looks nice! Info on destroyed cities, etc.

Comment

The city screens are cool. The new maps screenshots also, but I find the greener squares too brownish - I had hoped they'll imprint more vivid colors. And more blue tints on the sea continental plateaus.
                Only a small concern though next to the abandoned "Ask the Civ team" where we SHOULD have learned more.
                The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Overall, nice screenshots!

However:
                  -Replay seems pretty basic; just captured/destroyed cities, that´s it.
                  -It is not easy to tell happy/content/unhappy workers apart. This is a step behind Civ I!
                  -The terrain seems overcrowded with roads.
                  Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

The forest graphics are much nicer, more varied and less tile-like.

Also, the mountains and hills roll well next to each other.

What's with all the mines on grassland though? New mining benefit?

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV
                      What's with all the mines on grassland though? New mining benefit?
                      It is mines, Dan has confirmed it, but what do they mine?
                      I've no idea.

Comment

Some nice modern screenies too.

It is not easy to tell happy/content/unhappy workers apart

Look at the city screen. Easy to tell them apart there.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh yeah, each tile isn't covered in railroads anymore. They must have kept the Civ2 concept of not giving extra trade benefit for railroads. Hopefully the AI will realize that though, unlike in Civ2.

Comment

Also the Theory of Evolution is in - probably as a wonder
                            "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Look at the city screen. Easy to tell them apart there.
                              Didn´t you play the earlier civs? They looked totally different there; not just slightly.
                              Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Working...
                              X