No announcement yet.

Language - Question for Firaxis...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ido is easier then Esperanto, but they are quite equal from what I know. I've to learn them in the future. As it is right I only know a few words. Still I think there should be an option to play civ on Ido. That way I would be able to learn Ido from the game.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Rince
      Another solution for the Civ 3 language problem could be warez. I did that before: Just download the warez version, buy the local version and then exchange files. Once i even managed to download just an english demo of the game and patch the german retail version with it's sound and text files.
      That is a solution in some cases, but in games where there's a lot of movies it's just not posible

And is that really the point of the gamedevelopers, to have people go to the store to buy the game, go home and install the game, go online to waste many hours to download a warez version of a game you have just bought...If this is they point then those developers are just as stupid as those who runs the city I live in (and they are real stupid...)
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
        That is a solution in some cases, but in games where there's a lot of movies it's just not posible
        Have we seen any of those movies and heard any speaking people.
        IIRC Firaxis said that such things became boring as it always was the same, and they maybe have no movies. And with only text strings I see no reason why not include all languages on the same disc. But I guess that is Infogames thing to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

Have we seen any of those movies and heard any speaking people.
          IIRC Firaxis said that such things became boring as it always was the same, and they maybe have no movies. And with only text strings I see no reason why not include all languages on the same disc. But I guess that is Infogames thing to decide.
          Hey, when they don't take any movies in there wont be any problems with including more languages than just the local lanuage...but I'd say, IF they put in some movies let the movies be english...

Comment

When do we hear something about this from FIRAXIS people. Did they choose the wrong path and now they're to scared to know what to say

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
              When do we hear something about this from FIRAXIS people. Did they choose the wrong path and now they're to scared to know what to say
              I think it is up to Infogames to decide this sort of things, but Firaxis could tell us if there are any speech in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                I think it is up to Infogames to decide this sort of things
                That may be true, but would Firaxis not know about that? I'm sure they signed a contract or something, and if not, Sid should be interested in what happens to his creation.
                To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Originally posted by Earthling7
                  That may be true, but would Firaxis not know about that? I'm sure they signed a contract or something, and if not, Sid should be interested in what happens to his creation.
                  Maybe, but I think that the publisher decides things as how many versions of the game to make, and if the game shall be ported to different platforms and so on. I don't think Firaxis has anything with the translation to do except creating the tools required to translate the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tventano
                    Kompreneble mi scias ke la angla ne estas la internacia lingvo, sed bedaurinde la usonanoj gajnis la lingvan batalon. Ne estas la plej bona solvo, sed samkiel vindozo ghi solvas la nunan problemojn, do ni devas travivi chi tiun situacion.
                    Al Firaxis:
                    Vi povas gajni uzantojn se vi tradukas la ludon al Esperanto. Estas KVAR personoj cxi tie kiu parolas Esperanton. Se ni acxetas gxin, vi havus du cent dolarojn de ni. Por traduki la ludon, oni povas fari gxin por cxirkaux tridek dolaroj. Vi gajnas monon!

Tiel, TRADUKU CIVILIZACION III AL LA LINGVO INTERNACIA!

"Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by Earthling7
                      I believe FIRAXIS should at least know what happens to the game when it will be released

Comment

Everybody knows English. Can't say the same about these other languages.

English, it's the unofficial official language of the world.

Bræsh unçer öijiô pòx nÿsk Civilization III auf Ünglisch!
                        Ex Fide Vive
                        Try my new mod and tell me what you think. I will be revising it per suggestions. Nine Governments Mod

Comment

Most non-native English speakers would find it difficult, if not impossible, to get through the manual (which is essential in a game as complex as civ).
                          Sure, but I think that the local publisher would translate the manual, even if in a shoddy way... At least that is what a local publisher did here in Brazil when SMAC was released. The game was in English, but the manual was translated into Portuguese. It was a baaad translation, but anyway...

I think that the publisher decides things as how many versions of the game to make, and if the game shall be ported to different platforms and so on.
                          True. When SMAC was about to be released, I sent an e-mail to Firaxis asking about a Portuguese version, and they answered me that I should write to Electronic Arts in order to get information about versions and such things, since the publisher was actually responsible for those issues.

Well, I sent an e-mail to Infogrames asking them the same question regarding Civ3, and guess what...? No answer at all. Three weeks. I suppose I'll have to wait and see...
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originale skribita de JellyDonut
                            Vi povas gajni uzantojn se vi tradukas la ludon al Esperanto. Estas KVAR personoj cxi tie kiu parolas Esperanton. Se ni acxetas gxin, vi havus du cent dolarojn de ni. Por traduki la ludon, oni povas fari gxin por cxirkaux tridek dolaroj. Vi gajnas monon!
                            Cxu vi pretas fari tiun laboron kantraux nur tridek dolaroj? Laux mi estas suficxe da laboro, versxajne oni bezonas pli ol unu tago!

Cetere, kial neniu preparis tradukon de CivII en la Internacia Lingvo? Mi vidis tradukojn al kelkaj naciaj lingvoj...

Comment

Please, Firaxis, no bad translations

Here in Norway we've had the manual ONLY in Norwegian for Fallout and The Settlers II. (those are the ones i can recall now) Speaking of confusion. (let's see. the button should be here somewhere )

Nemesis of the North

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis of the North
                                Please, Firaxis, no bad translations
                                IMO the best way to assure no bad translations is to not translate at all. Maybe the editor will provide some language-editing tool, for those of you who'd like to change the insults available in negotiations for something a little more familiar... but don't mention their mothers.
                                BTW, Firaxis hasn't said anything about this that I can recall, so probably the only language available will be english.
                                More time to focus on the really important stuff e quem não perceber inglês que se lixe.

Comment

Working...
                                X