No announcement yet.

Number of Animated Leaders per Civilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and give some good advice(in the spirit of an improved AI)

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

1 Male/ 1 Female.

It's only fair

They could also have 1 Male advisor and 1 Female advisor for every cabinet post
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
        I'm surprised at the weight people are giving this. People complain that Firaxis is taking too long, but continuously ask for more, better graphics and options. Firaxis cannot possibly get the game out in a reasonable amount of time if they try to please everyone.

Sabre2th, if you read my firs post at this poll, you can see
        I realize that the 16 standard leaders are already defined
        Firaxis already declared that 16 civ is the limit because of the great effort required making animated and unique units, animate leaders, etc.

technophile,
        I agree with Sabre2th. Something like this might be appropriate for an add-on pack, though
        I don't think they should make more money selling to us an overpriced expansion box ala SMACX.
        I'm for the commercial practice of free bonus by web sites / magazine free CD, gaining money from the sustained sells of the original Civ III box.
        I mean, if casual players will look at a very well supported and refreshed game, they'll be more happy to buy and give it a try.

Good sells of original game can sustain lot of support and free add-on, IMHO. But I'm afraid Firaxis will pass on it; look again the Jeff inteview for Apolyton I'm not sure about the depth of their support:
        Apolyton: What are your plans for the after-release support? Some felt that SMAC needed one more patch...
        Jeff Morris: We're very proud of the Civ III editors and since these are tools for consumers, we have big plans for allowing these serious mod developers to achieve their goals. This will include dialogues with those developers who have a proven track record or a promising idea, updates to the editors based on ease of use and functionality, and improving the methods of distributing and playing these scenarios.
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

a male and a female one would be fine

Comment

One leader per civ! If the customisation is as good as they say it is, you will be able to add your own leader animations. I would like to see a "Tyrants of History" add-on with all the worst leaders of every civ they wouldnt put in the regular game like Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Benito Mussolini, Hirohito, Dubya, Mao Zedong -- whoops!
            "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
            "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
              I don't think they should make more money selling to us an overpriced expansion box ala SMACX.
              I agree; I didn't necessarily think that the expansion pack would be released by Firaxis.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

One Male and One Female per Civilization. After all why should a female player have to settle for a male leader and vise-versa? It is only fair....
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I wouldn't call Hirohito one of the worst leaders ever. He was Japanese emperor till his death in 1988, and was essentially just a formal figurehead. The real villain was the militaristic leader, Tojo Hideki, who was tried and executed in 1948 for war crimes.

Though some of the blame may rest on the emperor, I feel it is unfair to blame a figurehead for the real leader's actions.
                  I see that King Victor Emmanuel III is not listed on your villain list, though he was King of Italy during Mussolini's fascist regime.

But a despot expansion would be interesting.

Germany - Adolf Hitler
                  France - Napoleon (or Charles DeGaulle )
                  Rome - Caligula or Nero or Domitian... there's so many!
                  Russia (USSR) - Stalin or Lenin
                  USA - Any president no one likes, maybe Richard Nixon, though I think the international version should have George W. (can anyone say Kyoto?)
                  Spain - Philip II, if he's not in already... ??? (or Franco)
                  England - Henry VIII
                  India - Akbar? Tamerlane? One of the Moguls?

It might also be a good idea for Firaxis to resurrect the "portrait" idea. If you read the CivII manual, it talks about the portrait button that lets you pick which portrait will represent you. Sadly, this was not in the actual game, though adding a few extra animated leaders to choose from, say if you DON'T want to be Elizabeth I (or female) for that matter.
                  The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                  "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                  "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                  The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Babylon - Saddam Hussein!
                    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01
                      England - Henry VIII
                      Surely Thatcher is a better example of a British dictator?

ALL HAIL LADY THATCHER! EMPRESS OF BRITAIN!

Comment

Wasn't it said that "Thatcher was the only man in the English senate"?
                        I guess she was really feared.

Shade
                        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Working...
                        X