Clear All

ROTFLMAO

MarkG:
    Now you have outdone yourself...

ROTFLMAO

Look at Yin's description:
    "President of the Official Apolyton Pessimistic Civers Club(OfAPeCiClu)"

LOL
    Is this something new or have I bin blind as usual?
    Question: how does one join the club???

Sorry Yin, I cann't help it...

Comment

Re: ROTFLMAO

Originally posted by Jeje2
      Is this something new or have I bin blind as usual?
      it's brand-new! yin's comeback was my inspiration....
      Question: how does one join the club???
      ask the President. i've done my duty towards the Pessimists of Apolyton...
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Tried to clean up the text a bit from my computer at home. I could see the problem, finally. Also, where is this description, Jeje? BTW, all you guys have Adm.Naismith to thank for convincing me to take a week off. Did you enjoy the quiet?
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

LOL! I see it now...hey, isn't that some kind of illegal Admin hacking!? Markos, didn't I make you sign some kind of user agreement NOT to use me like that?!
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
            Also, where is this description, Jeje?
            Under your name on each post.
            Just like MarkG has the Apolyton administrator text under his you have something different... Or has MarkG done it so that you cann't see it?

Comment

new sig

Comment

LOL!! Markos, you're killing me here (good plan, I guess)! You blame me for Sim Golf. You quote me on something I'm bound to regret later and something else people will hate me for NOW. I'd better hide for a few hours...

Comment

Markos, didn't I make you sign some kind of user agreement NOT to use me like that?!
                  hmmmm no

you should be proud! you're now part of the great tradition of special people geting a special title for a great achievement in the science of posting
                  just picture yourself among these great apolytoners : EVC, Alexander's Horse, Sir David

Comment

*gasp* again the same old boring stuff
                    the only difference right now is that you bring it to us like it's the reality.

I'm not even going into discussion with you anymore.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

CyberShy why don't you go and look in the mirror?

Let's just remind you:
                      In a recent post you cried for some facts why Civ3 is/can be a failure. (This one)

Well, you got somefacts as replys and supricesuprice you didn't speak of it anymore. (Were the facts to strong? No loopholes?) Now you blame again, boring...

Sure, I'm afraid that Civ3 will not live to my expectations. (OK, it's just simply impossible for Civ3 to meet my expectations, since they are way too high.) But, as stated there are some real concearns to why Civ3 migt be a failure.

Comment

I've been conditioned to be this way! You know how in Black and White if you slap your creature when he eats villagers, after a while he won't eat villagers anymore? I've learned to have adverse reactions to certain tell-tale gaming company behaviors, like in avoiding talk about AI and in NOT updating the public, etc.
                        In theory Actually, no amount of slapping will prevent creature from gobbling down a villager or two and the pooping seems to really fertilize the village store....
                        Stupid creature..I stopped playing that pointless game

Comment

Yin doesn't seem to realize that if Civ3 DOES suck due to early release date, we're going to blame it on that SimGolf idea of his and it'll be all his fault!
                          "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                          "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Now, I know this is a invitation to Yin...
                            But I'll try to answer something illogical instead.

Setup screens were not even designed on 1. Jun 2001 acording to FIRAXIS emplyee Soren Johanssen. (Oh, I'll do then later tonight, sure...)
                            c'mon, what are you talking about....setup screens ?????
                            Do you mean..... if setup screens aren't ready 5 months before release date the game will be a failure....?

In FGN FIRAXIS still refuses to talk about multiplayer. They just say something interesting is under development.
                            well, what makes you think that that means it won't be good ? Or that it won't be finished in 5 months time ?
                            Pherhaps it's THAT interesting in tbs game terms that they want to keep it secret as long as possible ?

anyway, it's no reason to feel bad about civ3

Colonies are not yet "done", said Dan Mangha here on 1 Jun 2001. Ok, luckily they don't affect gamebalance. (OK, this can mean just the tveaking and finetuning)
                            indeed. As long as they're developping much stuff won't be finished. Again, that was said 5 months before release (if they will release in november, wich is very logical if they aim for october )

Were are the betatesting? I haven't heard a word, when FIRAXIS did SMAC they sure remembered to mention the beta team occaisionally.
                            They've said multiple times that all developers are testing all the time. And, pherhaps there are beta testing, but we just don't know about it. You turn every information we don't have into negative feelings....... that's pretty strange !

(OK this is not a clear fact, but an indirect one) Or, they just might skip the beta-testing before release. (And then it's gonna be a lot of fun, not.)
                            sure they'll skip that part

anyway, I don't think any of your arguments are valid.

CyberShy
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

And I didn't get any credit ...
                              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by LightEning
                                And I didn't get any credit
                                I beg your pardon sir, credit for what?
                                "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                                - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
                                X