Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When civ 3 comes to town, APolyton will EXPLODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh..SMAC demo. I downloaded that thing with a 33kpbs. And I had one phone line.

I wonder if Firaxis will give the URL to Apolyton in the box somewhere, like in the manual
    Sure hope not. That's just shoving more C4 into the forum for a more spectacular explosion. People that have something to contribute will surely find their own here without the manual.
    I not only dream in colour, I dream in 32-bit colour.

Comment

Well yeah, I suppose they will, but this place is constantly expanding. I wonder if Firaxis are going to launch their own 'official' forums when they release the game. Somehow the expression 'once bitten twice shy' springs to mind
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Re: When civ 3 comes to town, APolyton will EXPLODE!

Originally posted by Ralf
        Dont forget:

If Civ-3 becomes commercial success for Firaxis, we can surely expect an greatly enhanched SMAC-style addon-package for Civ-3 as well - perhaps a year later. With new added techs, units, civs and other features. This provide us with something to discuss, suggest and debate over, here at Apolyton of course.
        That would explain why there are so few techs, units, civs, etc. They're giving themselves room to move for an add-on pack, for sure

Comment

You're so cynical. But probably with good reason
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hey! Someone picked the Baron-Krypto Space Puppy Avatar I put in! Cool!

Actually, the closing of the Firaxis forums wasn't really the Newbie's fault. I'd say it was Dan Magaha's "fault", but what caused him to make the decision was a bunch of really long threads abut Jeffrey Morris, written by yin26, and kept up by just about everyone.

Snapcase

a.k.a. tOFfGI, Hugo Rune
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Alas I missed the demise of owo, it sounded like fun. It took me a while before I returned to the scene on Apolyton (Feb 2000) and now I am a regular once more!
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

i was not on smac forums, but let me get this straight: they closed the forums because you did not put up with a buggy product?

Comment

I think that was the jist of it

And then came the defections, loads came to Apolyton, loads went to ACOL. Some frequent both, but not all. Oh, and there are other lesser places
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

LaRusso, I think the problem with SMAC is that you had to have the patience to let the game grow on you. Let's be honest, the game isn't very pretty with the red and dark blue colour scheme. The struck a lot of people the wrong way at first and then if I remember right, a lot of "bug complaints" wern't really bugs but rather a person failing to understand the game. Also the sheer volume of new members just overwhelmed Firaxis I guess, whether they were friendly or not.

Oh, and there are other lesser places
                    LOL I went to sidgames first. Then I did nothing for a bit before coming here. Anybody know what happened to them? I don't think their site works anymroe.
                    I not only dream in colour, I dream in 32-bit colour.

Comment

Just play the game and enjoy it.

Comment

has anyone actually seen any preliminary relase dates yet... i ownder how far behind the US relaes in australai would be,

wouldnt it be coo lto get a world wide release of civ 3 similar to Windows 95 release...
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                        X