Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When civ 3 comes to town, APolyton will EXPLODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When civ 3 comes to town, APolyton will EXPLODE!

I mean, there will be a hurricane of new Apolytoners signing in, the old strategists will begin exchanging tips and strategic discoveries like crazy, new findings, hints, bugs, complains, congratulations, whinings, calculations, things to exploit, favorite civs, the culture factor, uniques, resource managment theories, schedules of patches, further recommandations to Firaxis.

IT WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL CHAOS!

Mark and Dan I hope you are preparing for this

as a newblood here but a vet in civ 2, i look foward to it.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I think you're right Paiktis, but I believe it should be the other way. People should be playing the game they've been wanting for so long instead of talking about it still.
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I've been here pretty much since the beginning, and with Ultimate Civ2 site

I've seen what happens when CTP and CTP2 came out.

Usualy what happens is, the people start flooding in a couple of weeks before the release date and a few weeks after the release date, then it just starts slowing down after that, but there is definite chaos, the most common threads will be about bugs

that's also what happened when Black and White came out

we're bound to get at least one loony arrive about a month before release date

Comment

"we're bound to get at least one loony arrive about a month before release date"

I think I covered last month's loony slot, however I usually just read and don't say much. Great site.

Alantus

Comment

Re: When civ 3 comes to town, APolyton will EXPLODE!

Originally posted by paiktis22
            IT WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL CHAOS!

Mark and Dan I hope you are preparing for this
            Dont forget:

If Civ-3 becomes commercial success for Firaxis, we can surely expect an greatly enhanched SMAC-style addon-package for Civ-3 as well - perhaps a year later. With new added techs, units, civs and other features. This provide us with something to discuss, suggest and debate over, here at Apolyton of course.
            Last edited by Ralf; June 16, 2001, 05:32.

Comment

And when we find the bugs can we at lease be somewhat polite about reporting them. As in I wanted my unit to go to San Francisco but the unit when to New York instead. Instead of this stupid unit will not go anyplace. Or if you moron would have notice the unit before you ship the game. Remember the minute you said the word "Stupid, moron, jerk, A__hole, and the rest" you loose because the person you are talking to will not hear the rest of your statement. They will quit reading or if in person they will tell you to get out of their face.

Comment

I've seen what happens when CTP and CTP2 came out.

Yes, but remember, CTP sucked. Civ3 I dare say will have much more going for it, in the way of loyal fans and series establishment than CTP did.
                -connorkimbro
                "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Ugh

*Imran remembers what happened to the Official SMAC forums when the game was released*

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This is the biggest forum and the game hasn't been released yet...

If the game is a success it will go the way of the civ 11 forum, but bigger, cause everybody will be playing civ III. That is, talk of strategy, the value of particular wonders, challenges, multiplayer, succesion games, occ etc etc...

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                    --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
                      This is the biggest forum and the game hasn't been released yet...

If the game is a success it will go the way of the civ 11 forum
                      CIV ELEVEN

anyway, i can't wait for the forum to explode (its soooo much fun to watch people complain about nonexistent bugs, etc)

Comment

will be great to actually paly the game isntead of jsut read about it
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                          will be great to actually paly the game isntead of jsut read about it
                          Rasputin, are you trying to achieve some kind of record in posting as many short replies as possible, so your name completely dominates the "last post" column?

Its nothing principally wrong with short comments, but try posting more lengthy and worthwhile posts as well.

Comment

didnt realise there was a criteria for psoting long posts. i thought everyone was entitled to post their opinions as they so wished...

it snot my fault that its sunday in USa and everoyne too bust at church to post, i am at work and jsut browsing the forums and psoting my opinion where i choose
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                              didnt realise there was a criteria for psoting long posts. i thought everyone was entitled to post their opinions as they so wished...
                              There isnt any officially. It just an common sence house-rule.

Some civers like to put some thought and effort into their replies. Add to this that many dont have english as their first language (= slow typing).
                              If then perhaps 2-3 one-line posters spread there short replies in big quantities, then lengthy posts very quickly becomes suppressed from the mainpage. And thats not particulary thoughtful and considerate, is it? Also: this is a forum - not a chatt.

Comment

Working...
                              X