Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When civ 3 comes to town, APolyton will EXPLODE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

length of post is not necessarily guarentee of quality of posts.. lots of times a short sharp reply is best, especially for those whose second language is english, keep the thoughts simple ....
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
      length of post is not necessarily guarentee of quality of posts.. lots of times a short sharp reply is best, especially for those whose second language is english, keep the thoughts simple ....
      Simple thoughts = sharp replies? OK, what about latter argument then:

"If then perhaps 2-3 one-line posters spread there short replies in big quantities, then lengthy posts very quickly becomes suppressed from the mainpage. And thats not particulary thoughtful and considerate, is it?".

If your answer to this is: "Thats not my concern" - then theres no point in discussing this any further.

Comment

yes totally agree, i wish you would stop posting after all my posts as you are forcing me to post after your posts, we will togeether push all the worthy cooments above off the page ...

Comment

Like Imran, I was a regular at the official SMAC forum. It's living proof that the arrival of a game can often make a forum implode rather than explode... Basically, the froiendly, benevolent culture that had permeated the forums was completely wiped away by the arrival of the game. Look out for: The Civ3 General forum becoming a second off-topic forum when overrun by 500 newbies, massive amounts of senseless spamming and flaming, all the regulars receding or leaving, all the newbies setting up their own forum (ACOL in the SMAC case), the site left for dead in a mere husk of its former self. [/pessimist]

It might turn out well, though. Apolyton is larger....
          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Snapcase, I think that's bit too pessimistic. For one thing, while SMAC forum was just about SMAC, Apolyton has many forums for many games, Civ3 forum being just one of them. Sure, there will be much frolicking here, and many newbies, but considering this forum is just one part of general forum structure, we'll weather it. Who knows, maybe we'll even gain some new intelligent posters here. And in Off-Topic.
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT????? I only visit the forums because I cant wait for Civilization III. When the game comes out I will say "Screw the damn Civ III forums"

Comment

I sure hope so, Stefu. The question is, what's next? Will there be a Civ 4 section?

Comment

i predict a civ III Bugs section which will becime the Civ III Cheats/Bugs section, then develop into the Civ IV Suggestions for Microsoft (Firaxis will probalby sell out by then)

I think though, seriously, the civ 3 section will probalby go quiet for awhile as people actually paly the game, but slowly but surely the same old faces will return here..

I dont think too many new people will join the forums , unless it is advertised in the Game itself ..

Comment

You'd be surprised how many new people show up. How do you think all these people arrived? Most people here (in survey's I've seen) arrived "looking for civ2 scenarios" or "looking for CtP help" or "wanting to discuss the game". The fact that Apolyton is the first site that shows up if you type "Civilization" into google helps...

Comment

ok i bow to your supieror knowledge of surveys.. most people i had spoken with came from the Zone looking for games, but then again most people i speak to are MP not SP people

Comment

i predict a civ III Bugs section which will becime the Civ III Cheats/Bugs section, then develop into the Civ IV Suggestions for Microsoft (Firaxis will probalby sell out by then)
                        NOoooo!! Don't let evil takeover a game that's pure!!!!!

Nooooooooooo!!!!
                        Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
                        Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                        "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

actually i was only joking, but you never know, microsoft seem to buy the best because htey are incapable of making the best themsleves

Comment

be carefull what you say, it just might be true
                            Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                            "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

will SYD sell out again !!!!!!

Comment

Rasputin, you are relentless. That column is mine!! Mine, mine. mine!!!
                                Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

Working...
                                X