No announcement yet.

10-minute Civ3 Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I agree with someone who said it here, it certainly does have a 'civ 1' feel about it which can only be a good thing (me being a long-time civ player, anything civ 1-ish gives me a nostalgia trip ). But it does look good, very good. It seems to be quite clear as well what is going on within the game without fancy graphics detracting from the gameplay.

Swedes: Yadda yadda bjorn borg
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The game looks good but you see less area on the playing screen which may be an unavoidable trade-off for the higher resolution graphics. It was all taking place on a featureless plain though like the other screenshots. I'd like to see activity in forest, jungle and other terrain.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Looks great! Hurry up and finish

Just wondering how well those animated graphics are gonna work with mp games.....
        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

OneFootInTheGrave- turn your sound balance all the way to the right, the czech commentary is on the left channel.
          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

How about the barbarians, if it really says " Numibian" what conclusions can we draw from this? Are there different barbarian tribes ? Would love to hear what you have to say about this.
            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I think there were different barbarian tribes in Civ2 too, it's just that they were less obviously visible. In this game there will be barbarian cities, so I'm not surprised they've made them more obvious.
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Are you sure it doesn't say Numidian (i havent got the video downloaded yet). Numidia was a 'barbarian' territory in North Africa that fell under the rule of Carthage, but eventually achieved independance after the Second Punic War. Later it warred with Rome and lost its independance. So it seems likely to me that it's the Numidians they're talking about.

Which would mean each barbarian village has a name, at a guess.

Comment

Guess your right...by the way does anyone know how large the maps will be in civ3? Would be great to play on an extremely large map with 12 civs or something like that.
                  It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Hey, this makes me feel stupid, but I can't seem to get any video playback. All I'm getting is sound on Windows Media Player, which sucks. I can't download any other player because of company restrictions. Am I screwed?
                    A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

We will have to wait and see Wille. I would like to see that as well. It would be great to play many civilisations if the map is a decent size

It looks very slick, I wonder exactly how much longer and what they have left to do to it. I would hate it to go on like Duke Nukem Forever and be lingering around for years and years. Although I have a feeling that they will deliver, and hopefully not too far in the distant future.
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by senowen
                        Hey, this makes me feel stupid, but I can't seem to get any video playback. All I'm getting is sound on Windows Media Player, which sucks. I can't download any other player because of company restrictions. Am I screwed?
                        No, there is another link on the page where you download the video from which says 'codec'. You need to download the zip file, extract it to a temporary directly, right-click on the *.inf file and select install. Then it should play the video...
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

No, there is another link on the page where you download the video from which says 'codec'. You need to download the zip file, extract it to a temporary directly, right-click on the *.inf file and select install. Then it should play the video...
                          I did all that, and I'm still not getting any video. On properties it says that the video codec is unknown, does that have anything to do with it?
                          A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

Windows media Played didn't want to play the .avi for me either, but after downloading the 'codec' for div x, it worked. You have to run divx.inf (or exe) after you unzip the download. It was explained earlier in the thread.

Snapcase thanks for the translation
                            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                              Windows media Played didn't want to play the .avi for me either, but after downloading the 'codec' for div x, it worked. You have to run divx.inf (or exe) after you unzip the download. It was explained earlier in the thread.

Snapcase thanks for the translation
                              Damn, well I did all that (again) and it still won't play, wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by senowen

Damn, well I did all that (again) and it still won't play, wtf.
                                Make sure you're using the lastest (or least version 7) Windows Media Player. Some things just won't play on the 6.x version.
                                "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Working...
                                X