No announcement yet.

Are you happy with the demise or Radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather didn't think getting rid of Radio worked. As it is now, the AI doesn't research advanced flight until much later and hence they have stopped using radar towers. That was the one thing that kept me from totally running over them in my late modern games.

Comment

Well what I generally hear was that people finish the game before anyone would get to Radio.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

don't mind its removal, but don't care overall, really.

Comment

Oneless tech to research. The main chenge is the removal of electronics as a pre requisite from motorised transport. That is the change that changes the shape of the industrial era, so that is more defined, with the choice if paths for the warmonger and builder.

Mind you, that's been in the AU mod for a while, so I've become desensitived to the change.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I never felt that Radar Towers meaningfully slowed me. So I guess the AI not wasting resources on building them for a while extra helps it.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
              Oneless tech to research. The main chenge is the removal of electronics as a pre requisite from motorised transport. That is the change that changes the shape of the industrial era, so that is more defined, with the choice if paths for the warmonger and builder.

Mind you, that's been in the AU mod for a while, so I've become desensitived to the change.
              Just to clear things up, AFAIK, the removal of Radio was in DIRECT response to the changes made in the AU Mod. It was debated heavily, decided upon, and then alexman pushed it as a patch suggestion with Firaxis.

(and I'm a fan, btw! )
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

newbies question: what is the AU mod?

Comment

Apolyton University

Comment

I installed 1.20 and radio was gone.

I installed 1.22 and it is back.

Did something go wrong with my installation?

It gives on the start screen in the left corner 1.22.

Comment

Are you playing any of the mods that come with C3C (nocivtraits, fastciv, etc)? Those have not yet been modified (except by me) to remove the Radio tech. But if anyone would like them modified (so they don't have to do it themselves), I'd be happy to send them to you.
                      I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

I have never researched Ironclad, and rarely research such techs as Nationalism, Communism, Facism and Espionage till I am almost in the modern age. Amphibious War and Advance flight I usually skip unless there is an one tile island city, then I have no choice but to get the marine to take it. Other techs are way more important and should be focused on. I welcome the removal of radio as it enable me to get through the industrial age quickly.
                        ==========================
                        www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

My ToE wonder typically went on the more expensive Atomic Theory tech and then straight into Electronics for my cheapo continent power. Now I can even get out of the industrial age quicker

And I still don't care about advanced flight

Good riddance to bad rubbish
                          It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
                          She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

I have to say I did not notice untill I saw this thread. I did notice the new ironclad tech, kinda worthless, if you ask me it seems better to streamline to destroyers or battleships. None of the computers researched in the games ive played, iirc.

Comment

Well, no-one can accuse us of consensus, at any rate.

I'm still undecided, but leaning towards indifferent.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Jeff
                                I have to say I did not notice untill I saw this thread. I did notice the new ironclad tech, kinda worthless, if you ask me it seems better to streamline to destroyers or battleships. None of the computers researched in the games ive played, iirc.
                                Why does Ironclad even have its own tech? Surely Ironclads should just become available with Steam Power as before? Pointless
                                "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Working...
                                X