No announcement yet.

Are you happy with the demise or Radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you happy with the demise or Radio?

Simple, really. I'm just doing an unscientific poll to see how happy people are with the removal of the Radio tech.
    Yes.
    19.57%
    No.
    25.00%
    To early to tell.
    15.22%
    Indifferent.
    33.70%
    I prefer my suit-wearing chimp w/o spam.
    6.52%
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

I'm indifferent.

Although, I do prefer my suit-wearing chimp w/o spam!!!

Damn, it's a tough choice.
    "The Pershing Gulf War began when Satan Husane invaided Kiwi and Sandy Arabia. This was an act of premedication."
    Read the Story ofLa Grande Nation , Sieg oder Tod and others, in the Stories Forum

Comment

Well, it saves having to research an essentially useless tech, so I'm fine with it.

However, I'm a little annoyed that the various requests in different places (mine and other people's) for an explanation of why Firaxis felt it necessary to remove the tech, have met with no response.
      So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
      Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

I'm pretty much ambivalent. I always thought of it as a dead end tech since it only gave radar towers which is something I rarely if ever use anyway.

I imagine the primary reason they removed it was because of the addition of ironclads and fascism to the industrial age. They removed the non-essential radio tech to make up for that so the age wouldn't be too crowded.

Comment

Am I happy... ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Gee, this only barely scratches the surface and the shortcomings are whole lot more than some simple itch.

I reclassified Radar, towers to wit; as a special leader quality, as is already with Armies. So I had long ago moved it back to the first row of techs in the Ancient Age.

I thought the concept was under used and badly timed. But why did they pick on this little tidbit 'here and now' wilst leave so much else in some woe begotten trash heap?

I think there is a serious 'lack' of play-testing at Firaxis and with that they desperately need a few fanatics on board in 'some' compacity. If only to shut us up. And I note we are working for free around here. What better bargains can there be?

You need another choice... Something close to dismayed, disgruntled and waning confidence that Firaxis even has a clue on how to conduct business.
          The Graveyard Keeper
          Of Creation Forum
          If I can't answer you don't worry
          I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Oh and by the way I am now 'Prince' for all this mayhem. Now I guess I'm gonna go see if I can locate some princely powers and use them adroitly well forthwith!!
            The Graveyard Keeper
            Of Creation Forum
            I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Didn't give me any more powers Antrine....I still suck at this game!
              So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
              Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Well it's an ok change, but what makes it exasperating is all the other things that really needed that time spent on them.

Comment

they removed radio? damn... didnt notice it....

...I guess that answers your question too.

Comment

Firaxis did explain why. (To be honest it might have been on Civfanatics, though.) They wanted there to be more than one viable path through the Industrial ages and to make the previously never researched Advanced Flight more enticing.

Antrine, Firaxis does have some good play testers on board (although I have no clue as to what happened on the latest patch, someone was asleep at the wheel), but they won't take any disgruntled, hateful types (in fact I hear words like "Ignore List" used).
                    Seemingly Benign
                    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I’m indifferent. But I haven’t played out the new patch that far, so maybe I’ll change my mind in-game. The tech changes that will/did most influence my decisions are the removal of electronics on the way to tanks (of which I approve) and - earlier on - making ironclads an optional tech (which liking a large and varied navy, I’m not a fan of).
                      "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Thanks for heads up WarpStorm!! I'm about to censure myself and move on anyways. And I wouldn't want to work with Firaxis from what I have seen of them these past months. All Good Fortune to each and all. I'll let someone else carry the ball or torch. We'll see from afar what another six months or year do, however I think hoping other game companies are moving along a little more adroitly well.

Piles of smiles and may trials be few...
                        The Graveyard Keeper
                        Of Creation Forum
                        I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

I haven't installed the latest C3C patch, partly because I have no time to play Civ these days and partly because I don't like the removal of Radio. Hey, Radio was one of the most important inventions of all time! If it was not receiving proper attention from the players, they should have tried to make it more appealing, not just sack it off the game entirely... Anyway, that's just my $ 0.02...
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I agree with Alex. I find it odd how they've added "ironclads" as a tech, but removed radio. Radio has had a much bigger impact on the world than ironclads.
                            "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Well, the development of ironclads did make every ship in all the navies of the world instantly obsolete. It led to a massive naval arms race that lasted almost 80 years and nearly bankrupted the nations that participated. The arrival of ironclads was like mounted armored knights suddenly appearing amongst unarmored foot soldiers.

Comment

Working...
                              X