No announcement yet.

Are you happy with the demise or Radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there was a post by jesse smith in CFC explaining the reasons for removing Radio from the game. too bad that Poly is in their ignore list...
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Indeed they seem to post here less. Most of my time spent browsing CFC is looking for 'official' posts that wont appear here.

Comment

yes, that's what i do too. i'd say that if you want some hot info about what happens in the backstage then you have to browse CFC. and this is sad.

Comment

Maybe we should pick someone from here that posts a fair bit there and use them as CFC liaison officer, which means they post any good info from Firaxis here.

Comment

I'm guessing the reason that Firaxis favors CFC is that there is a lot less Firaxis bashing there. Can you blame them?
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Well it's a little chickeny and eggy. They get less abuse because people respect that they get information and temper any negative opinions they might hold.

Plus I would add from 2 and half years of posting in Civ3 forums here that the general vibe has always (post initial release backlash) been a positive one, despite a few notable Coracles.

It's only really lately that the vibe has turned more critical. And frankly, after the official post regarding finishing C3C and the seemingly endless patch problems I'm not really that surprised at the change in opinions in general.

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that the Science Advisor will still tell you that the Radio tech is available for research?
                I can throw a hundred pound walrus right through the wall!

Comment

Really? Sloppy again.

Comment

hehe, that's one of the reasons why I won't install the 1.22 patch. I already have enough bugs to bother me, I don't need new ones.

Comment

Funny thing, I've never heard of anyone asking for the removal of Radio.
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Smiley, you must hang out in the wrong forums
                        Seemingly Benign
                        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                          Firaxis did explain why. (To be honest it might have been on Civfanatics, though.) They wanted there to be more than one viable path through the Industrial ages and to make the previously never researched Advanced Flight more enticing.
                          Never researched Advanced Flight? How else would you turn an enemy empire into a crater-filled holocaust, one of C3C's finest pleasures?
                          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen

Never researched Advanced Flight? How else would you turn an enemy empire into a crater-filled holocaust, one of C3C's finest pleasures?
                            You're doing that w/ paratroopers and helicopters?
                            "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
                            I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
                            --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

damn Civ2 tech tree....
                              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X