No announcement yet.

Are you happy with the demise or Radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happened to the radio tech? when did that go away?

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
      what happened to the radio tech? when did that go away?
      In patch 1.20. You might not notice it with mods, but in stock ruled it's gone.
      I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

I'm not a big fan of removing techs. This seems to go with their method of making less of things to make the game simpler. I like more of everything . Even if the tech does not offer a unit or facility to build.

Comment

A slight majority, so far, professes to indifference ...

I'm somewhat surprised.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

YA indifferent regarding the Radio tech removal. Just no big deal.

But I am getting irked at the progressive AI loss-of-a clue in C3C and am considering withdrawing to PTW. C3C has all these wonderful additions to the game, but the AI hasn't a clue as to how to use them (other than Radar Towers). I suppose I miss the AI SODs.

Comment

Originally posted by gunkulator
              Well, the development of ironclads did make every ship in all the navies of the world instantly obsolete. It led to a massive naval arms race that lasted almost 80 years and nearly bankrupted the nations that participated. The arrival of ironclads was like mounted armored knights suddenly appearing amongst unarmored foot soldiers.
              Still, they didn't make a separate tech for "tanks" or "battleships" did they? The only reason I can think of as to why they added the 'ironclads' tech was to allow frigates to have a longer lifespan. They could have done that by making ironclads available with a later tech, such as 'industrialization', instead.

I like ironclad units (especially the altered ironclads of C3C - it gives you a choice between slow but powerful ironclads, or fast frigates), but I just find it strange that they get their own tech while radio gets removed.
              "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

It's not the ironclad ships themselves that were that useful. They were piles of crap really. It's the age they ushered in. Like how gunpowder changed infantry tactics. Or sails changed tactics from the old human powered ships. Or how tanks changed mobile warfare. you get the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Antrine
                  Oh and by the way I am now 'Prince' for all this mayhem. Now I guess I'm gonna go see if I can locate some princely powers and use them adroitly well forthwith!!
                  Get a custom avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Kucinich

Get a custom avatar.
                    you need 500 posts for that
                    You saw what you wanted
                    You took what you saw
                    We know how you did it
                    Your method equals wipe out

Comment

[advertising mode] Or you can sign up for a 'Poly subscription and get a larger avatar regardless of post count. [/advertising mode]

Comment

Yes, I'm happy Radio has been removed. But, I'm dismayed the tech for ironclads has been made a dead-end branch. Ironclads are just not that important. It may have been done to mislead the AI so humans can take advantage researching more critical techs. I certainly will never purposely research for ironclads. Ah hell, what tech is that, can't recall atm.
                        "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
                        I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
                        --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Originally posted by dojoboy
                          Ah hell, what tech is that, can't recall atm.
                          You're kidding right?

Comment

I think the cost for Ironclads tech should be reduced by a good bit. It will still increase the length of the Age of Sail, but not make it so that they are never built.
                            Seemingly Benign
                            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

How did this morph to a discussion of Ironclads?

WarpStorm: Where did Firaxis explain the reasoning for removing it? I do appear to've missed it.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I didn't see a post from them about it here. Probably better looking at CFC.

Comment

Working...
                                X