How do you add Austria??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you add Austria??

What do you do to add Austria in the game?? I was in the Editor thinking you can add them somewhere in there, but couldn't find where you do it.

I'm trying to figure this out too. Help!
    "Perseus wore a magic cap so that the monsters he hunted might not see him. We draw the magic cap down over our own eyes and ears so as to deny that there are any monsters" - Karl Marx

Comment

In C3C the maximum 31 spots for civs (+1 barbarian civ) is full so you would have to replace a civ to make another.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Yes I realise that much, the question is how do you go about replacing a civ?

The zulus are the most likely candidate for replacement, given their isolation from everyone else.
        "Perseus wore a magic cap so that the monsters he hunted might not see him. We draw the magic cap down over our own eyes and ears so as to deny that there are any monsters" - Karl Marx

Comment

Austria... who's the leader, Haider, Schwartenegger, or Francis-Ferdinand?

Comment

I'd say Maria Theresa or Maximilian (I)

Austria's heydey was well before the 20th Century.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain THC
              Yes I realise that much, the question is how do you go about replacing a civ?

The zulus are the most likely candidate for replacement, given their isolation from everyone else.
              hi ,

take a look at the editor and the help , that should do it

last but not least , if those dont provide an answer , take a look at the forums , ......

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.â€
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I don't see anything in the Help relating to changing civs. If someone could please give a detailed explanation on how to add Austria, I am sure it would be GREATLY appreciated.
                One OS to rule them all,
                One OS to find them,
                One OS to bring them all
                and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther_ca
                  Austria... who's the leader, Haider, Schwartenegger, or Francis-Ferdinand?
                  Charles V (Hapsburg) is the sagacious leader of the Austrian Civilization.

See this link:
                  http://apolyton.net/forums/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=2471370
                  The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                  "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                  "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                  The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

The default .bix file for Conquests will ahve Austria disabled. There should be a .bix file there somewhere that has Austria added. Or you can make one yourself.

Open the editor and open your default .bix file (should be in the Conquests directory - can't tell you what it is called as the game is not in the country yet! ). Go up to the Scenario menu and click on Scenario properties. In a box labelled "Playable Civilizations" all of them should be highlighted except Austria. You can highlight any number of these you want that is not more than 31 as playable. Then once you have selected the ones you want in the game, goto Apply, exit the menu and save the file as a different name .bix. Then exit the editor and start a scenario. Select the .bix file you just saved, and it should play like a normal civ game with Austria in it.

At least, all of this was extrapolated from the PtW editor. I will post back with exact details (if they are any different) when I eventually get the game.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I thought of Charles V, but I've always associated him more with Spain in my mind than with Austria, though he was, in fact, heir to both thrones.

Comment

Well yes, that's true. I guess they put him with Austria because the Hapsburgs originated there.

Honestly. Intermarriage can sure mess things up a bit, can't it!

Ol' Charles sure had the rest of Europe scared for a while. After all, he had the Holy Roman Empire (including his own personal Austrian holdings), Spain, the Netherlands, the Kingdom of Naples (and Sicily), and I think a few other random places too.

France thought they were next on the hit list. Everyone took a sigh of relief when the Empire split up at his death.
                        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I'm still working on adding the Amish.
                          (Agricultural, Religious. UU - Cow-tapult)
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Cow-tapult -- haha!

They should have some sort of technology disability on their tech tree.

Comment

Fetchee la vasche!!
                              Attached Files
                              One OS to rule them all,
                              One OS to find them,
                              One OS to bring them all
                              and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

Working...
                              X