No announcement yet.

How do you add Austria??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I can't see a way to enable Austria the way Mr WhereItsAt suggested. What I did is this:

Open the Napolean scenario (where Austria is located) and open whatever file you want to add Austria to. (Your own scenario or the default bix.

Copy all the data and settings from one to the other. The tricky part is units and leaderheads. Pick the Civ you want to replace (I'd choose the Byzantians personally).

The Hussar is Austria unit, you can find the icon # in the Napolean scenario. Copy all the unit data from the Hussar to replace the special unit of the Civ you've chosen.

Now the tricky part. Most units upgrade to other units so you have to fix the change. For example a galley upgrades to a dromon (if your civ can use it) and a dromon upgrades to a caravel. If you change a dromon to a Hussar but don't chnage a galley to upgrade to a Caravel, you could have interesting results.

Now you have to insert a Hussar. Go to the Cavalry. It upgrades to a Sipahi. Change this to Hussar and make sure a Hussar upgrades to the Sipahi.

As for leaderheads you can simply cut and paste the files in the edit. I haven't tried this but I think you also have to physically copy the Austrian Leaderhead to a main civ folder.

I chose the Byzantines as they have a female leader. Then i changed the Austrian leader to Maria Theresa.

Hope this helps.

I'm sure others will know more.
    "It is not given to man to know what is right and what is wrong. Men always did and always will err and in nothing more than in what they consider right and wrong."

Comment

I was able to get the leaderheads by editing the PediaIcons.txt file. Add the following lines:

#RACE_AUSTRIA
      art\leaderheads\x2_Charles_V victory neutral.pcx
      art\advisors\x2_Charles_V advisor.pcx

#HAPPY_RACE_AUSTRIA
      art\leaderheads\x2_Charles_V victory happy lg.pcx

#SHAPP_RACE_AUSTRIA
      art\leaderheads\x2_Charles_V victory happy sm.pcx

#LKISS_RACE_AUSTRIA
      art\leaderheads\x2_Charles_V victory kiss lg.pcx

#SKISS_RACE_AUSTRIA
      art\leaderheads\x2_Charles_V victory kiss sm.pcx

#ANGRY_RACE_AUSTRIA
      art\leaderheads\x2_Charles_V victory angry sm.pcx

#ILOVE_RACE_AUSTRIA
      art\leaderheads\x2_Charles_V victory heart sm.pcx

#LOVED_RACE_AUSTRIA
      art\leaderheads\x2_Charles_V victory heart tiny.pcx

#LHURT_RACE_AUSTRIA
      art\leaderheads\x2_Charles_V victory beatup lg.pcx

#HURTN_RACE_AUSTRIA
      art\leaderheads\x2_Charles_V victory beatup sm.pcx

#ICON_RACE_AUSTRIA
      art\civilopedia\icons\races\x2_Charles_V civpedia lg.pcx
      art\civilopedia\icons\races\x2_Charles_V civpedia sm.pcx

This will allow you to have the Austria leaderhead icons. I also pretty much copied from the Napoleon scenario as well but the Hussar should be 7.3.3 and 80 shields for the normal game. It has been altered for that scenario.

You can check out some things I have done to get it to work in this thread.

Comment

Working...
      X