Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>>Marine – Cost: 12, Attack: 12, No ZOC<<

12? The marine costs 12 shields?

Or, does he cost 120 shields? I make that 20 shields more than a tank, which STILL has better stats than the new marine.

The marine should be attack 12, defence 10 to make him worth 120 shields.

Comment

Re: C3C - Epic Game Units

Originally posted by JesseSmith
      Netherland's Swiss Mercenary
      Cost: 30, 1.4.1, Upgrade: Musketeer, Req. Feudalism
      a) Musketeer, not Musketman?

b) Bad upgrade decision. Very bad. Wish all players who try the Netherlands happy micromanaging while pillaging and reconnecting saltpeter.

Comment

I assume that is a mistake (it can't be built by the Dutch). Following up the upgrade chain the next logical upgrade would be the Rifleman.
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Re: Re: C3C - Epic Game Units

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

b) Bad upgrade decision. Very bad. Wish all players who try the Netherlands happy micromanaging while pillaging and reconnecting saltpeter.
          Don't foget that Musketmen have Defensive strike ability.

Comment

Don't know if this makes up for twice the shield cost with the same defense (and both are defenders). Probably not. Oh well, modding time again.

Comment

Defender with an attack of 2, which is used for the first strike... could be pretty handy, eh?

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Re: Re: C3C - Epic Game Units

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

a. Yes. It's got the same defense as a musketman already. Why have the AI waste gold on it?

b. Not really. The game looks at the Musketeer, and since the Dutch can't build it, it looks at the next unit in the upgrade path, until it reaches Rifleman. It's not too bad.
                Come over to CFC! | My Pre-Apolyton Roots! ;)
                Civfanatics Moderator of the Civ3, Civ4 Sections and the MP Demogame
                Born in TUC2S, Raised in Apolyton, Currently living in CFC. :D

Comment

Which is the next buildable unit in the upgrade path, Musketmen or Riflemen?
                  Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSmith Land
                    • Armies –Increased combat effectiveness, greater healing capabilities, pillage w/o move cost, +1 movement, ZOC, Blitz, Radar

I think I like armies now.

Naval
                    • Caravel – Move: 4
                    • Frigate – Move: 5, Bombard: (3/1/2)
                    • Privateer – Move: 5, Enslavement: Privateer
                    • Ironclads – 5(6)/6/3, Upgrades to Destroyer
                    • Transport – Move: 6, Defense: 2, Capacity: 6
                    • Destroyer – Move: 8, Air Defense: 1, Detect Invisible
                    • Battleship – Move: 5, Air Defense: 2
                    • AEGIS Cruiser – Move: 7, Air Defense: 3, Detect Invisible, Radar
                    • Carrier – Move: 7, Air Defense: 1
                    • Nuclear Submarines – Stealth Attack, Detect Invisible
                    • Submarines – Stealth Attack, Detect Invisible
                    All still too slow for huge maps.... Oh, well; that's what the editor is there for, right?
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Re: Re: Re: C3C - Epic Game Units

Originally posted by Chieftess
                      a. Yes. It's got the same defense as a musketman already. Why have the AI waste gold on it?
                      Thanks, but that's not the question. The question is whether it makes sense to let the Dutch UU upgrade to the French UU, or it's only a typo. My bet is that it's the latter.

b. Not really. The game looks at the Musketeer, and since the Dutch can't build it, it looks at the next unit in the upgrade path, until it reaches Rifleman. It's not too bad.
                      Thanks again, I know how the upgrade mechanism works. There's basically a long upgrade path from spearman up to modern infantry units, and it's difficult to make an exception for the Swiss Mercanary. It is not possible to let it upgrade directly to Riflemen and to skip the musket units for the Dutch, because in this case either no unit could upgrade to the S.M., or muskets would be skipped for all civs. Also, the Dutch would be screwed if they had saltpeter, but no iron. I remember a good solution concept by Warpstorm. Why has it been dropped?

Comment

The shield cost flexibility is a BIG change. That's great.

Jags now at 15? Ouch. I never like them anyway, though, so no biggie.

Gallics now at 40? YIKES

Is the "first strike" like a zero-range bombard shot (ala the "AU" mod?)?

The curragh is 1.1.2, 15 shields, and can carry how many units? 1 or 2? And if you're seafaring, it's actually 1.1.3, eh? So basically you've got 15 shield galleys?

to the +1 hp for WE's.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                          The curragh is 1.1.2, 15 shields, and can carry how many units? 1 or 2? And if you're seafaring, it's actually 1.1.3, eh? So basically you've got 15 shield galleys?
                          Zero. It has no transport capacity.

Curragh Naval 15 1.1.2 0 Trans Cap Alphabet
                          So you have a 15 shield naval scout.
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Curragh Naval 15 1.1.2 0 Trans Cap Alphabet

Stuie, I interpreted that "0" as zero AA strength, implying transp cap of greater than zero.

Comment

That's a damn shame about the Jaguar Warrior. Maybe it was overpowered... I have a feeling that additional 5 will make the unit just a little too costly...
                              You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

The Jaguar Warrior was IMO a fun and balanced unit in the epic (standard) game. In the MP world, however, the Jag consistently produced top finishes, regardless of player skill. Therefore I feel it was a good decision to tone it down a bit.

In SP, the Jag is now more of a scouting Warrior than an offensive tool (although that's still a possibility). This makes the Chasqui look even worse in comparison.

Dominae
                                And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Working...
                                X