What If?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If?

Well lets start a discussion on all historical what if's and how things would be different. I wait for you guys to start the conversation

You mean, "What if Napoleon had not gone into Russia?" ?

This could be fun. Maybe the wrong forum, but still fun.

Well, what if Napoleon HADN'T gone into Russia, and triggered the beginning of the end? Would it have mattered? Would Britain and her allies have inevitably defeated him later on, or would France have retained its power?

Comment

What If?

The war would of continued on until Russia entered the war, wich means France would of probably had its level of prestige and power for a while longer, it would of altered history quite a bit.

Comment

What if Hitler hadn't made his mistakes during Operation Barbarossa? What if he had his men better equipped for the winter? And what if he had made the right decision during the Battle of Britian and he had gone more for strategic bombing instead of bombing London? What if the Hessian commander at Trenton wouldn't have been drunk and looked at the letter telling him the Americans were coming? If the Americans wouldn't have been lucky and won that battle, they would have lost. The soldiers' term was up at the end of December and they needed a major victory to keep the revolution going.

This might be the wrong forum, but good thread. And it's the perfect place for my 500th post!

"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Uh well damn, thats a hell of a lot of What If's, Im not sure I can respond to all of them. Awesome ideas though.....try and pick one out that you wana talk over

Comment

I reckon that, IF Napolean had not attacked Russia, then he might have been strong enough to repel any attempt by the English to destroy him!! In this instance, I reckon that Napolean would have done, by military means, what The EU has finally achieved through ecnomic means-that is, the 'unification', so to speak, of Western Europe!!!

Yours,
            The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Didn't Rod Sterling answer those questions in the Twilight Zone?

Comment

What if Sid Meier hadn't invented Civilization? What would we do with our spare time? What state would the gaming industry be in? Oh, I shudder to think ....

Comment

Originally posted by David Murray
                  What if Sid Meier hadn't invented Civilization? What would we do with our spare time? What state would the gaming industry be in? Oh, I shudder to think ....
                  I would be playing Sim City, and EA's NHL.

Back on topic, WHAT IF: What happen to the WTC in 2001, happen in 1993? Instead of trucks bomings, airplane boming? How would Mr. Bill haddle that, and everything eles?
                  Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Re: What If?

Originally posted by Uber Warrior
                    Well lets start a discussion on all historical what if's and how things would be different. I wait for you guys to start the conversation

What if you had posted this thread in Off-Topic, where it belongs, how would Civ3-General be different...

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321

I would be playing Sim City, and EA's NHL.

Back on topic, WHAT IF: What happen to the WTC in 2001, happen in 1993? Instead of trucks bomings, airplane boming? How would Mr. Bill haddle that, and everything eles?

You sure sound like a REAL civ fan.

Comment

OK, fine. For now, I'll choose one. Hitler had almost destroyed the RAF and there were hardly any airplane factories left. In real life he stopped bombing strategically and started bombing London to create terror. It was a terrible decision. What if he kept on bombing the factories and and went for the kill with the RAF. Britain would no longer have an air cover. The Germans could begin bombing England all they wanted to. They could really soften up Britain's defenses for the upcoming invasion. They would invade and Britain would be crushed. They didn't have much of an army based in England at the time. After being heavily bombarded, the British wouldn't have been able to stop German panzer divisions. So, if Britain had been lost would we still have been able to win the war?
                        "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

What if Turkey Enter WW2 on the Germany side?

Comment

Originally posted by johncmcleod
                            They could really soften up Britain's defenses for the upcoming invasion. They would invade and Britain would be crushed. They didn't have much of an army based in England at the time. After being heavily bombarded, the British wouldn't have been able to stop German panzer divisions. So, if Britain had been lost would we still have been able to win the war?
                            Hitler was wetting himself at the thought of having to confront the Home Guard - tsk tsk John, haven't you ever heard of Captain Mainwaring?! Who needs air defences when you have such heroes!

Comment

I remember hearing a funny quote that went something like this: "The home guard was an establishment to keep the houswives from worrying too much then an effective fighting force."

Comment

Working...
                              X