This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JesseSmith
    BTW, I know this is a crappy way to fix the problem - but if you patch with one of the language versions and then make a copy of the EXE and then patch with the US version - you can copy the EXE from the language version over the US one and it will work.

The UK patch should hopefully be up soon...
    hi ,

Jesse , like Gramphos did , ......

btw , could you give a date as to when the UK english 1.27 patch would be released please , .....

thanks in advance and thanks for taking care of it

have a nice day

P.S. please tell us that C3C has only one type of " english " Jesse , .......
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

Jesse , like Gramphos did , ......

btw , could you give a date as to when the UK english 1.27 patch would be released please , .....

thanks in advance and thanks for taking care of it

have a nice day

P.S. please tell us that C3C has only one type of " english " Jesse , .......
      Yes, but a little less "advance" since the US patch wasbn't up when I first did it I had to create my own text files, and when the US patch got out I could get the right text files.

But by installing the US patch and then inserting any EU exe you would get the same result that I got from taking an EU exe an then insert every other US file
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by panag

as for the skandinavian version , take a look at the back of the box , does it say " quick intro and then the flags of the skandinavian countries " , ..... if it is the case then you have indeed a UK english version

have a nice day
        Yes this is the version I've got.

I think I downloaded the patch from ftp.infogrames.com (the ftp link on apolyton/civ3).

I think this was on wednesday.
        So many pedestrians, so little time

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSmith
          BTW, I know this is a crappy way to fix the problem - but if you patch with one of the language versions and then make a copy of the EXE and then patch with the US version - you can copy the EXE from the language version over the US one and it will work.

The UK patch should hopefully be up soon...
          Thanks for your help, Jesse.
          Although I did not get an answer from the Infogrames support yet, they seem to have updated the link for the patch. It now points to
          ftp://ftp.download-center.com/pub/do...iv3ptw127F.exe, which has been updated today and is also much smaller in size than the US version (7496 KB vs. 11483 KB).
          So happy gaming everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
            * Fixed a bug causing the foreign advisor to display incorrectly in > 8 player Single Player games.

What does it mean ? Will we at last see more then 8 heads now ?

Not sure. Just a guess: occasionally the Foreign Advisor will tell you something good, but frown, and smile while giving you crummy news (smiling: "America is disdainful of our culture").
            "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Torkkeli
              Yes this is the version I've got.

I think I downloaded the patch from ftp.infogrames.com (the ftp link on apolyton/civ3).

I think this was on wednesday.

They apparently sell the US version in UK case here in Finland. That's what the facts tell. US patch works no prob with my copy also.

Comment

The UK patch from Infogrames UK worked for me. Hopefully that is it sorted (and that they don't repeat this whole fvck up again with Conquests).
                Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

What is the deal with 1.21 and 1.27 working together? You can play PBEM with either without needing everyone on the same patch. I didn't think this was possible.

Anyone really know what is going on?

Comment

Where is the best place to get the US patch?

I have tried [URL=http://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/civ3ptw/Civ3PTW127f.exe] since last Thursday or Friday and I can not seem to connect.

Comment

• (Explorer7 seems to have tried to download the patch during the blackout).

Comment

• Can't download patch either

I am having the same difficulty as Explorer with downloading the patch...and the last I heard the power failure was no longer an issue.

I have tried numerous times and it is always the same thing. I get about 2 - 3 meg downloaded and then it cuts out on me.

Any other sites besides the infogrames ftp site?

Comment

• apolyton: http://apolyton.net/civ3/downloads.html
                          CFC: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3patches.shtml

or try using a download manager at infogrames which can restart incomplete downloads (mozilla/the new netscape has it included)
                          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Sabrewolf, Thank you for the alternate sites. There must be a problem with the Infogrames site. I am downloading from the civfanatics site using Star Downloader and it is working fine.

Thank you for your help.
                            Last edited by Explorer7; August 21, 2003, 20:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
                              apolyton: http://apolyton.net/civ3/downloads.html
                              CFC: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3patches.shtml

or try using a download manager at infogrames which can restart incomplete downloads (mozilla/the new netscape has it included)
                              Cheers, much appreciatted

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaybe
                                How would it fit in an elephant's trunk in a zoo in Uzbekistan??
                                Have a city name? I'll catch the first flight out!
                                [/size]
                                There are no cities in Uzbekijszhtan. Only villages with large vodka depots, hence the difficult spelling.
                                My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X