X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gramphos
    Just dropping a line that C3MT v1.02 is ready with support for BIX v11.19
    Man I am sure that is something good and someone did a lot of work, but what does it mean?
    I guess C3MT is some kind of tool. Is BIX 11.19 an editor version for BIX files?

Comment

C3MT (civ 3 multi tool) is the inofficial civ3 editor created by our great master gramphos!
      see here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=71802

BIX 11.19 is the version of the file format for PTW. (BIC is meant for civ3 vanilla)
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Yeah that is what I figured.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
          Just dropping a line that C3MT v1.02 is ready with support for BIX v11.19

hi ,

thanks Gramphos , it works

rumour control on US and UK release , one week from now on friday the latest , ......

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Swissy
            Hmm, the company promised universal patch releases after Euro 1.21. Again another Firaxis lie.
            Unless something has changed, Firaxis has little to do with the releases. They finished the US version weeks ago. AFAIK, Atari is in charge of all localizations and releases.

I figure once the guys Atari get in on Monday they'll realize that their European counterparts jumped the gun on them.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Was the auto-bombardment forcing breaking of a peace treaty bug fixed? I didn't see it in the fixes.

One possibility is that the Euro patch is incomplete- happened with EUII. Doubtful, but possible.

Comment

Originally posted by arstal
                Was the auto-bombardment forcing breaking of a peace treaty bug fixed? ...
                I experienced that once, with ship-to-shore bombardment. I kept being asked if I wanted to continue, I got tired of the repeated messages* and so accidentally cancelled a just-made peace treaty. I didn't consider that a bug, just a "lesson learned."

That would be a fair-size (but wonderful) hunk of code, to go through each auto-bombarding unit and check to see if it was bombarding a tile within a particular civ's borders or against one of their units, each time a peace treaty was signed. Then decide whether to automatically cancel the bombardments, or ask the player regarding all of the units.

*several battleships auto-bombarding, and they all were blitz-enabled, so 5 bombards each.

Comment

It seems to me that the patch addresses MP issues - and that the SP player needn't bother with it.

Is this so?

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                    It seems to me that the patch addresses MP issues - and that the SP player needn't bother with it.

Is this so?
                    NO.

From what I have noticed, for the single-player gamer there is:

* Updated non-era techs to allow for civ-specific tech trees. If a non-era tech is used as a prerequisite for a regular tech and a particular civ does not have access to the non-era tech, all techs sprouting from the non-era tech will not be visible on the Science Advisor screen and will not be required for advancement to the next era.
                    * Fixed Civilopedia entry for Coastal Fortress by removing reference to, “50% defense bonus from naval attacks”. There are no direct naval attacks on land units – only bombardment.
                    * Updated BIC file version to 11.19.
                    * Updated editor version to 2.57.
                    * Fixed a bug that caused paratroopers (and possibly helicopters) to disappear after playing the airdrop animation.
                    * Updated placement of forests and jungles on bonus grassland to leave the bonus shield under the forest/jungle (NOTE: this only applies when placing forest/jungle on bonus grassland tiles).
                    * Fixed a bug with non-era techs that allowed players to potentially receive them for free from the Great Library (NOTE: this also fixes a similar bug that would allow players to receive techs that they do not have the prerequisites for if the order of the techs in the editor was changed).
                    * Fixed a bug with air interception at the bottom of the map
                    * Updated leaderheads\CL_CULTB.pcx to fix transparent color issue.
                    * X/Y wrapping/boundary issues regarding nukes fixed.
                    * Fixed an x/y wrapping issue with city name drawing.
                    * Fixed an exploit allowing one to get extra shields during wartime mobilization.
                    * Fixed bug which caused walls not to be obsoleted by growing from a town to a city.

... and I left out a few civilopedia, diplomacy text and other items! There's LOTS of stuff.

Comment

US/UK 1.27f Patch Update

OK, this was posted at CivFanatics by Jeff Foley from Atari...

Originally posted at CFC by Jeff_ATARI

Hello folks,

Oh, the conspiracy theories! "They" are paying back the Americans. No, it's a compatability problem... No! It must be because they like to make us squirm! Yes, that's it!

Okay, folks, the truth is, the emails to the US technical team on Friday never made it, because the recently discovered virus W32.Mimail.A@mm (read all about it at http://securityresponse.symantec.com...mail.a@mm.html ) appeared on one of Atari's systems sometime Friday. Our IT dept was on the case, and some emails were queued up while the mailserver was shutdown. A very minor setback, with virtually no effect on our business... except that it caused a gap between the Friday vs. Monday release of the two patches (international tech support is on a different server and was not affected.)

So as soon as we verify everything is a-okay, you'll see that US/UK patch.

Best,
                      Jeff Foley
                      Atari
                      Source: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...9&pagenumber=2

So, the US/UK version should be coming out any time now...

Comment

US 1.27f Now Available

US 1.27f available from this site:

UK 1.27f still hasn't appeared yet... or at least I haven't seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny
                          US 1.27f Now Available

US 1.27f available from this site:

UK 1.27f still hasn't appeared yet... or at least I haven't seen it.

hi ,

here is the place for the uk patch , it should be there before the end of the week , ......

new support page >>> http://www.civ3.com/support.cfm

have a nice day
                          Last edited by Panag; August 4, 2003, 15:36.
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                            hi ,

here is the place for the uk patch , it should be there before the end of the week , ......

new support page >>> http://www.civ3.com/support.cfm

have a nice day
                            The UK page only have 1.21f as of now. (Hope that changes soon. I'm currently using a mix of the German and the US patch, and it works even better (Have the correct editor now ))
                            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

edit: removed...
                              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

yes it as come.the US 1.27f!

Comment

Working...
                                X