Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you cancel diplomatic agreements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solomwi
    I think you're right, vmxa. The other change is you can see what deals are active in the Foreign Advisor screen, rather than have to call up each leader to find out. In fact, I know you're right, because I remember having to call up each leader and click Active to find out what was up.
    Just to be clear. Sorry if this is repeating.

In PtW (I can no longer remember how Civ III Vanilla is laid out) inside the foreign advisor screen there are two other screens which show your relationship to the other heads of state. These can be reached through tabs on the right hand side of the screen. One screen is trade - which shows which countries you have potential, and active trades with. The other is the screen which shows what deals you have that are active.

Instead of having to open up the negotiation screen (the screen illustrated by Catt above) you may click on the foreign leaders image, and the active deals appear in a status box on the right hand side. This allows you to quickly check all of your deals without the monotony of going in and out of the negotiation screen with every leader.

If you have sixteen turns left on a peace you sued for, for example, it will give you a number of turns left on the treaty (16) once those turns are up, the words "peace treaty" will appear but no parenthetical number will appear beside it.

-edited for clarity
    Last edited by TheArsenal; July 25, 2003, 13:38.
    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Send an ICBM to the Capital city

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawa Jocky
          Send an ICBM to the Capital city
          That should get the message thru loud and clear!

Comment

Originally posted by TheArsenal
            In PtW (I can no longer remember how Civ III Vanilla is laid out) inside the foreign advisor screen there are two other screens which show your relationship to the other heads of state. These can be reached through tabs on the right hand side of the screen. One screen is trade - which shows which countries you have potential, and active trades with. The other is the screen which shows what deals you have that are active.

Instead of having to open up the negotiation screen (the screen illustrated by Catt above) you may click on the foreign leaders image, and the active deals appear in a status box on the right hand side. This allows you to quickly check all of your deals without the monotony of going in and out of the negotiation screen with every leader.
            These two screens (treaties and trades) already exist in vanilla Civ III 1.29, but the possibility to click on the foreign leaders images to show active trades does not.
            Nym
            "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Originally posted by panag
              hi ,

we really should have the option to close the embassy in peace time for good , .......

have a nice day
              Why would you want to close an embassy in peace time?
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO1003

Why would you want to close an embassy in peace time?
                May be to protest, but I do not think it would be useful.
                Nym
                "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

I agree Nym. I don't see a useful application for being able to close an embasy during peace time. panag, what were your thoughts on this?
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO1003
                    I agree Nym. I don't see a useful application for being able to close an embasy during peace time. panag, what were your thoughts on this?

hi ,

just browse the forums and you shall find plenty of reasons , ........

like one pays 100 bucks to open one one could pay 250 to close one , no more rop's , etc , ......

its an option that should be included , .....

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Okay. So closing an embassy would e a way to legitamately end diplomatic agreements and trade arrangements before they would naturally expire. I can see this as a useful option. It would, of course, go hand in hand with a downgrade in relations. Not a bad idea!

Getting gold for closing your embassy seems a little out of line to me. I think that given the above benefits their should be a cost to close it. Of course, you should receive less maintenece costs as a benefit (Does an embassy have maintenece? If not it should!).

Comment

Currently embassies have no upkeep cost, only the initial cost of opening one up.
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                        X