Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you cancel diplomatic agreements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you cancel diplomatic agreements?

I'm playing a game with 16 civs & signed a Mutual Protection Pact with the Zulu to have one less enemy in the world for awhile. Now I don't want it anymore, how the heck do I cancel it, or any other agreement for that matter?

Thank in advance for your help,
    Dylan

Sometimes I have to try to renegotiate then cancel the renegotiation to end it.

Comment

Is this PtW?

If so, contact them and click on "active" which will show you how long you have left in the pact. If it has run out (no turns left next to it) then you can cancel it without penalty. You can always declare war on them as well.

Comment

Their relations with you will go down to normal levels when the pact is over though.

Comment

Yeah, that's a downside.

Comment

It's regular Civ3 no expansion pack. So, uh, how do I cancel it/renegotiate it whatever? All this and he's just gonna be annoyed with me again anyway. Damn.

Comment

Hmm, I think in regular civ3 you just have to wait out the 20 turns. And yes, he will go back to hating you.

Comment

I have waited out the 20 turns, but he doesn't want to cancel it, I know it's still in effect because when I go to propose trades "mutual protection pact" is not an option.

Now that I've waited 20 turns, is there something I'm missing?

Comment

Ok, I think if you click on clear trades? that might work. or click on the pact itself. Hmm. maybe someone with vanilla civ will come along.

Comment

It has been awhile since i used the CivIII part, but I thought it worked the same way as PTW. You can select a leader and propose a trade. YOu can then see the NEW and the Active. Choose active and renegotiate it.
                    The change for PTW is that you can select the preference for renegotiate all trades after 20 turns.
                    Am I losing my mind again?

Comment

I think you're right, vmxa. The other change is you can see what deals are active in the Foreign Advisor screen, rather than have to call up each leader to find out. In fact, I know you're right, because I remember having to call up each leader and click Active to find out what was up.
                      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

vmxa1 has the answer - I'll repeat it in ridiculous detail.

Go to the diplomacy screen with the Zulu -- where you can propose deals. At the bottom of the deal table there are two (sometimes 3) words / phrases - "New" and "Active;" when you've got a tentative proposal on the table, there also appears the phrase "Clear Table." To cancel an ongoing deal that has run past 20 turns, click on "Active." The trade table will show your active deals -- if the twenty turns haven't run, there will be a number (between 0 and 20) in parentheses near the deal which indicate the number of turns remaining on the deal. If the twenty turns have run, there will be no number in parentheses and you can cancel the deal -- do so by clicking on the deal in question (in your case, the MPP). The game will automaticaly jump back to the "New" deal proposal, and show the deal you just cancelled as a proposed deal. Either click "Clear Table" or click the specific deal to remove it. Then exit the negotiating table by clicking on "Never mind . . ." or the equivalent option.

In the screenshot below, I've highlighted the "Active" button with some red rectangles -- the number 6 in parentheses indicates that my deal, an alliance I paid for with Gems and some gpt, still has 6 turns to run.

Catt
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                          The change for PTW is that you can select the preference for renegotiate all trades after 20 turns.
                          Am I losing my mind again?
                          There is no change, at least between vanilla civ 1.29 and PTW. I do not have PTW yet and always select this renegotiate option.
                          Nym
                          "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Nym, you are correct it was added in 1.29F.

Comment

Working...
                            X