New wonders in the XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New wonders in the XP

According to press release, there will be new wonders, and one of them will be Statue of Zeus. What do you think the others will be?

If I could hazard a guess, I'd guess there will be 8 new major wonders (8 new scens, 8 new civs - makes sense). I'd say they should be, in addition to the Statue of Zeus:

Stonehenge
    Hagia Sophia
    Taj Mahal
    Panama Canal
    Mount Rushmore
    North Sea Protection Works
    Human Genome Project
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Hmm...

I'm thinking there are a lot of Wonders already... it's gonna get a bit cluttered.

What would you have your Wonders do, Stefu?

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Well, the statue of Zeus was one of the original 7 wonders of the ancient world, so it will be good to see that set finally complete

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Maybe adding more "1 city" wonders would be good. We already have some very powerful "continent-wide" and "empire-wide" wonders.

Make 'em fairly cheap, but either relegated to 1 city or have a relatively short shelf-life.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Of your list, Panama Canal and Genome Project sound good to me. The Panama Canal could have some commerce affect on all cities on the same continent, and the Genome Project similiar to Theory of Evolution. Most of the others sound like tourist types, so maybe similiar to Colussus.
          "Slander, lies, character assassination--these things are a threat to every single citizen everywhere in this country. And when even one American--who has done nothing wrong--is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril" - Harry S. Truman, Address at the Dedication of the New Washington Headquarters of the American Legion, August 14, 1951

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
            Well, the statue of Zeus was one of the original 7 wonders of the ancient world, so it will be good to see that set finally complete

-Jam
            Don't forget the Masoleum - which hasn't been in any Civs or CtPs. Besides, we already have a damn statute - the Collosus.

Loooking further down the press release...

Tobacco is a resource!? Tobacco!? Aren't we in an age where government and media are supposed to be discouraging smoking? I can see it now, Hiawatha says to Lincoln "Stop the war and we'll give you cancer for 20 turns." Couldn't we at have weed instead?

And if the Inca are in, what about coca? Let's all tweak Ashcroft.
            - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
            - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
            - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Tobacco is probably a luxury resource (same with Jade and exotic birds)
              Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar
                And if the Inca are in, what about coca? Let's all tweak Ashcroft.
                Tweak Ashcroft?? Now THAT's the kind of editor I want!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
                  Tobacco is probably a luxury resource (same with Jade and exotic birds)
                  Of course (can't build anything with it). Anyway, I started a new thread on this here. I don't want to jack this thread.
                  - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                  - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

exotic birds can work as slave laborers that power large military machines

Comment

OK, in an effort to put this thread back on track ...

A small wonder I'd like to see is something like the "globesat" from CtP. A satellite network, like the US's, that allows the civilization to observe troop movements, or maybe cuts the cost/risk of stealing enemy plans.

Even better than adding new wonders however, would be redoing the UN - and the diplomatic victory in general.

Comment

Even better than adding new wonders however, would be redoing the UN - and the diplomatic victory in general.
                        Quoting Jeff Briggs:

“Our game ‘Civilization’ always had what we called a United Nations component to it,” said Briggs. “And if you achieved the consensus of the other countries you could achieve a diplomatic victory.”
                        But real world events has Briggs thinking about updating the Civilization series. Among the features: An increased role for the media and a more true-to-life world governing body. In this more realistic setting “Civilization’s” United Nations component would be less kumbaya, more realpolitik. More powerful members would have the power to veto or go off and wage unilateral action.
                        “If Iraq has told us anything about modern warfare, it’s that it is as much a war of words as a clash of arms. It makes for interesting game decisions.” said Briggs.
                        They may redo the UN :Praying:
                        "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                        --George Bernard Shaw
                        A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                        --Woody Allen

Comment

new wonders:

Legoland
                          Dollywood

Comment

Originally posted by brianshapiro
                            new wonders:

Legoland
                            Legoland is not a wonder of the world. Not yet.

for those that do not follow the PtWDG demogame: Legoland is one of the teams there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar
                              A small wonder I'd like to see is something like the "globesat" from CtP. A satellite network, like the US's, that allows the civilization to observe troop movements, or maybe cuts the cost/risk of stealing enemy plans.
                              I like that wonder too. But it would have to be tweaked. But IIRC what the AI did most of the time in that game when it wasn't attacking was move units around in circles - as Units in Civ III sometimes do. So I was forced to watch every unit in every civ do little laps. And on huge maps it was so jumpy going back and forth, I wasn't always sure what part of the world I was watching.

I would like to see a wonder that gives the building civ the ability to switch governments with one-turn anarchy as though they were religious.
                              "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Working...
                              X