No announcement yet.

New wonders in the XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I don't want to watch the AI endlessly patrol its units around (you should be able to toggle your GlobeSat on or off).

I really do hope the redo the UN. And I think it should be possible to reject a diplomatic victory by another civ & then have to fight the rest of the world (ala MOO2).

What about a SOSUS sonar net that allows you to see other civs' Subs?

Some sort of Media wonder that reduces war weariness in republics & democracies some more (Fox News?) Then again, with Police Stations + Univ Suff + a new wonder, you would effectively circumvent WW.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Oh great, this means I'm going to have to do redo my mod all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
        Then again, with Police Stations + Univ Suff + a new wonder, you would effectively circumvent WW.
        Not really, there's still a time factor so you'd just be delaying it a bit longer.

Comment

I hope they add enough stuff to make you want to redo it.

What do you think Zeus does?

I know he makes you have a stronger military, but how (We already have Sun Tzu and the Great Wall)
          Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
            I hope they add enough stuff to make you want to redo it.
            It sounds like that won't be an issue. They really emphasized the new abilties that will be available in the editor.

Comment

Some sort of Media wonder that reduces war weariness in republics & democracies some more (Fox News?)
              "I liked Fox News' coverage of the Iraq War best. They were totally unbiased and 100% behind our troops." - paraphrase from The Onion.

I'd assume a GlobeSat wonder would just update your military advisor with troop intel every turn.

New small wonder: Mulberry Bridges
              Available with Amphibious Warfare, allows units unloading from ships to treat any square as a city port.

IMO, this would be vital for a decent WWII mod, unless they *gasp* redo railroads.
              Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

It would be great with a wonder that has no effect that you build only for the huge amount of culture it produces.

Think about it, I'm serious.

cheers

Comment

We already have one: Shakespeare's Theather.

"The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                  --George Bernard Shaw
                  A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                  --Woody Allen

Comment

How much culture per turn? It should probably depend on when in the game the wonder is available. If it's ancient, 6-8/turn is the most I could imagine without it being too much (12-16/turn once it doubles). Medieval could be 10-14/turn. Less chance of doubling. Industrial could be 20/turn. Not much point in a Modern Culture-only wonder, but if so, more like 40/turn.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
                      We already have one: Shakespeare's Theather.

It has an effect. I'm serious.

cheers

Comment

How much culture per turn? It should probably depend on when in the game the wonder is available. If it's ancient, 6-8/turn is the most I could imagine without it being too much (12-16/turn once it doubles). Medieval could be 10-14/turn. Less chance of doubling. Industrial could be 20/turn. Not much point in a Modern Culture-only wonder, but if so, more like 40/turn.

-Arrian
                        Maybe the Beatles... Available with radio. 25 culture/turn.

cheers

Comment

Yeah, I don't want to watch the AI endlessly patrol its units around (you should be able to toggle your GlobeSat on or off).
                          Mmmm, that's a point. GlobeSat in C:CtP could really expand out that enemy move period. Perhaps they should be visible without showing movements. At any rate, I hope we get something that mimics satellite surveilance.

And Fox News is not a wonder so much as a copy of a wonder in the way the Statue of Liberty is a copy of the collosus. Fox News was invented by the Soviet Union, only they called it 'Pravda'. And if Fox News were a print medium it would be used by most in the same way Pravda was ...
                          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect

It has an effect. I'm serious.

cheers
                            Sure, like anyone ever builds it for its effect

Anyway, I wasn't being that serious. If you're thinking of a wonder that would give the amount of culture Arrian is talking about, then it's be a good idea.
                            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                            --George Bernard Shaw
                            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                            --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius

Sure, like anyone ever builds it for its effect

Anyway, I wasn't being that serious. If you're thinking of a wonder that would give the amount of culture Arrian is talking about, then it's be a good idea.
                              then you can catch up in culture in the modern era.

cheers

Comment

*Locked Diplomacy
                                *Natural Disasters
                                *New Resources
                                * More CIV's, units and wonders.
                                *A realistic version of the UN

Sounds like the definitive game of CIV that CIV 3 was destined to be.

As for the wonders (wish list)

GPS (allows one spy request per turn for free)
                                Panama Canal (allows one tile canals to be built w/ a worker sacrifice)
                                Stonehenge (temples at half price to any city on the continent, expires with Theology)
                                Statue of Liberty (allows free transition between gov's)
                                Statue of Zeus (ok, its in the game, had to include it)

Naval Academy (increased promotion rates to all ships, allows lethal bombardment to ships that have bombardment capability) Small wonder)

Airforce Academy (w/ advanced flight, increases promotion rates to aircraft, allows lethal bombardment to all planes that can bombard, must be built in order to allow precision strikes, small wonder
                                * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                                * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                                * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                                * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                                X