Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from Panzer32:- I responded saying we have philosophy

Dissident,

Greetings from the Glory of War! I hear that you are now the ambassador to us. I have contacted you so that we may discuss some possible technology deals:

1. GoW gives Vox philosophy, Vox gives GoW 60 gold. No trade clause for 20 turns.

2. GoW gives Vox construction when GoW acquires it, Vox gives GoW the free tech they receive at the beginning of the next age. This deal would logically be accompanied by a nonagression pact until its completion.

Please note that these deals have not been finalized by the GoW, they are only suggestions that I am fairly confident the GoW would accept.

Thank You,

Panzer32
    Foreign Affairs Consul for the Glory of War
    Last edited by Dis; March 18, 2003, 03:00.

Comment

I do think we can do two. But I'm not sure of the difference of the tech costs.

Comment

I like #2 as well. The problem is construction is a 200 beaker tech, and monotheism 360. Feudalism is 320. And Engineering 360.

That is the equivalent of an entire tech. I would say an extra 100-120 gold to balance the books. They should have enough gold after dealing with us and lego.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

if we can reach consensus on this issue?

as Beta says, I think atthe least 2nd thing needs fixed

I would suggest not buying until after it is there, because usually price drops (As more people have the tecxh)

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I don't like #2. At least the way it is now. We should get gold out of the deal. LikeBeta suggested.
            I will contact them about my taking over Fa duties.
            "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

Should I suggest #2 with us recived 120 gold.
              "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

How about using the same restrictions on them as they are trying with us? For example:

#2 with us receiving between 80-100 gold and they cannot trade the new era advance for 10 turns?

This would leave us with the chance of selling our new era advance to other civs first.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                  How about using the same restrictions on them as they are trying with us? For example:

#2 with us receiving between 80-100 gold and they cannot trade the new era advance for 10 turns?

This would leave us with the chance of selling our new era advance to other civs first.
                  Agreed! And stick to the 80-100 gold. They have to have lots. Lego says they got almost cleaned out buying stuff. Start at 100 and be willing to come down to 80.
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by BetaHound

Agreed! And stick to the 80-100 gold. They have to have lots. Lego says they got almost cleaned out buying stuff. Start at 100 and be willing to come down to 80.
                    I like this they seem to be wanting to get some good techs for nothing
                    Arg-ha Lardgoa

Comment

hmm

still not sure

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

How about we do #2 with the 10 turn restriction, but instead of the gold we get currecy as soon as they get it, or if they have it right away. Let me know what you all think, and I will get going on sealing a deal.

Comment

I would really like to get a deal done with them in order to have a friend on the land we are trying to settle. if you all want I could try and get a protection pact a part of the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by mjmacy
                            How about we do #2 with the 10 turn restriction, but instead of the gold we get currecy as soon as they get it, or if they have it right away. Let me know what you all think, and I will get going on sealing a deal.
                            I would like the currency deal with RP to go through. I like the cash.

Comment

Ok so I should try and get Construction and 100-120 gold? Sound good to everyone.

Comment

If you can get 120 gold I say great! But the max will probably only be 100 (most likely 80).
                                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                                X