No announcement yet.

GoW FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember that GOW owes us 155 gold. The great thing about the way the cash flow worked out last turn - is that when GS took The Voice - we only had 40 some odd gold - which mean they only captured 10, which they say they have returned. But it certainly looks good for our argument for not having much of a treasury.

GS owes us 10 this turn - and 60 next turn.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• From GoW. First I recall of the 4 turn delay. Enough to make sure we don't trade it to RP???

Over to you guys to respond.

Glad to know you're on side

Btw, you mentioned you would be cool with paying you the 40g in 4 turns. Is that still ok?

Keep your cash register open... more $ is on the way once we need to investigate another city.

-MZ
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I say the 4 turn delay is fine...but we still trade engineering in secret to RP. Remember: GoW traded feudalism to GS and effectively ended our campaign because of it.

Comment

• Witt, GS had feudalism and traded it to GoW with a clause that prevented them from trading it for a while. They wanted to trade Chivalry to GS.

Comment

• The response I sent to MZ:
            We are OK with the 4 turns. Keep the money coming. We will be running a deficit for a while until our new cities are productive.

Comment

• Ah you're right Harry - but I guess it doesn't matter now that RP has Engineering.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Sent to MZ:
                MZ,

In our 50 BC turn Beta posted that GoW sent the money for Engineering and the city investigation but the deal also included a luxury which we are supposed to get later. So he did not accept the deal. He said he explained this to someone in GoW in a chat and that the money would be resent. I played the 30 BC turn the other day and there was no money from GoW. Did someone forget? It should be 115 gold (35 + 80). Also just a reminder about the 40 gold for canceling our Engineering deal with RP is due in three more turns.

I hope you understand that with our gpt deficit we will be running for a while until our new cities are established and grow that we need to keep a close eye on our money situation. Thanks.

-- HarryH

Comment

• The reply from MZ:
                  I apologize for the mistake. Rest assured we will send the money this turn and that payment for the engineering deal will be forthcoming as scheduled.

-MZ

Comment

• Received from Master Zen a couple of days ago:

Greetings HarryH,

As part of our spying agreement, I would like to ask you for a shot of Zaragoza this turn. We will send you 100g as we guess that is more or less the price of the investigation, the difference to be arranged for later.

Thank you very much for your cooperation in this struggle

-MZ

Comment

• This morning I received this from Panzer32:

Hi,

During your current turn you have been asked by us to investigate Zaragossa, and given 100 gold to do so. We as the Glory of War would appreciate if you could investigate the GS city of Toledo also. We are sorry we didn't send payment this turn, but it has just been decided.

Panzer32

Comment

• I replied twice. First with this:

Unfortunately, the game will not let me investigate anything. My guess is we are not allowed to use espionage while in anarchy. It will have to wait for two more turns. Sorry. I am returning the money. I almost considered keeping it to pay most of what GoW owes us but that is not why the money was sent.
                        And then with this:
                        I wanted to clarify. What I did was send back your offer unaccepted.

Comment

• Received from Panzer32:
                          ok.

To bad the investigation didn't work out; we might have to take a few more casualties
                          Any tears for GoW?

Comment

• Originally posted by HarryH
                            Any tears for GoW?
                            No...or at least not until they pay us the money they owe us.

Comment

• I got a pm from Hot Enamel asking sort of the same thing.

Hey Beta,

Welcome back.

GoW are debating what cities we want investigated.
                              If the save moves along fast, can you hold it, and ask us for a final decision on what cities.

Many Thanks
                              And as to us not being able to do it .. yes - big, big, crocodile tears.

Although I guess I am pulling for GoW/ND.

Comment

• What should we do with GoW? They will owe us 115 gold. I am pretty sure that when our next turn comes around they will send money for a new city investigation. I don't want to stop the investigation service as they may just decide they don't need us and renig on the rest of their debt. If it is OK with everyone, I would like to ask them for a payment schedule. Tell them we will be coming out of anarchy shortly and will be burning through money until we can get our cities are more productive. That should at least get them thinking about it and if they don't come up with a payment schedule then we can think about playing harder. What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X